Forum

From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11

8 years 5 months ago #70928 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

I can tell the winds of winter are approaching. Mix of wet and grey skies have been what we have seen this week. I know it is too soon to be looking for an early spring

Game Day Friday # 11 Georgia Southern …..

I agree with our coaching staff…..this team just isn’t coming to Athens to pick up a check and leave…..this cupcake might just be more of a surprise than a frosted donut without a hole…

Defense needs to be disciplined….. we don’t stay in our lanes and free lance we may be chasing shadows…..tackle like you mean it…arm tackles and the chapel bell will stay silent and our seniors will be disappointed… take care of business…protect your house….please

From the back of the foodtruck…..

Not too long ago there was great displeasure with how we lost recruits to other schools that looked like locks to play for the Red & Black…
We lost a WR to the Vols and then our best tackle prospect to Ole Miss just to sight a few….list has more names for sure…..

The choir sang long and loud about how we were lacking having coaches who could seal the deal….. That was then…. Seems we have done a good job of closing the state’s borders and have expanded our recruiting successes to pull players from outside the south…. Done this in a short amount of time….. our assistant coaches can recruit with anyone in college football….

Now our HC hops a plane to spend time with a quality recruit….. which he was able to do because….. JE has already signed a letter for aid…same as RS did…. He can still change his mind and flip until he attends his first class…. Deed will be done then….

Much has been said and written about this trip pro and con…… sometime ago I posted that MR was so poisoned and toxic in some people’s minds that everything he did was met with distain……and mistrust

IMO this visit had no down side ……. JE has made no secret that he has the word of several of his fellow recruit that they will sign LOI on NSD to come to Athens.. time on this visit was used to shore up any questions that they may have….Yes it was stroking a 18yr old… but now that is the game…

No question in my mind if Urban or Nick had a similar opportunity to visit with one of their top recruits that they would have done the same thing….. and then the choir would have sang why can’t we ever do anything like that????

Don’t read this as an endorsement of MR…. IMO…. we at times over think what we see….self included….looking for more to be unhappy about…..just like the heads…. No new dirt…. Just recycle the old with a drop of A1 to make it taste different……

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

T & P ‘s for all…..these are troubled times

See something say something…… Sadlerdawg…… thoughts your way Stay safe……

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, averagedawg, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70929 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
Saban and others wouldn't be met with the same disdain and mistrust because they don't deserve to be met with such disdain and mistrust.

I haven't really seen Saban fly up to have a photo op with a committed recruit in the midst of people calling for his job though, so we will probably never know how it would be met.

Somehow though.... I don't think Saban flys to see anyone and then immediately post pictures of himself with his arm around them while they ate breakfast.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg, ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70931 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
Good morning yankeedawg hope all is well thanks again for the read.

Steve the junkyard does not work me me thanks for any info.

Enjoy this Friday!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70932 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
Don't anybody get too ticked off at me for saying this - I'm always a DAWG and want our team to win, every game, no matter what, but this weekend . . . it just means NOTHING. Kinda like the "Pro Bowl" for amateurs.

I wonder which sub-par team we'll be matched up against in our little bowl game. Probably some "nobody" team that wants to whip a "big time team" really badly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg, ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #70933 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11

Wartdawg wrote: Somehow though.... I don't think Saban flys to see anyone and then immediately post pictures of himself with his arm around them while they ate breakfast.

Trewer words have never been spoken. I view this as an act of a desperate coach.

IF the Dawgs lose to GS or GT, I wonder what CMR's next act will be for the Lake Stevens QB :whistle:

DM<
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70934 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
I suppose we are all just clueless fans running around outside the arena.

The photo op was simply a marketing dept call. It shored up some fragmented money group and righted the $$$ ship for that segment.

PR machine says wait till next year. Same campaign, new shiny trinkets.

Note: Many large companies get in the same situation.iE: they are way off track and no one knows what to do. The large amount of cash lets them continue with the status quo. The Athletic Dept is a business, not an educational institution. Row will continue until train wreck. Money boys calling the shots.

Yes it is difficult to find something new to say about the HC. We have hashed it over and over. Same outcome; we need a new HC.

Cold here in N Ga. Long time to 'early spring'. :dry:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds