Forum

From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11

8 years 5 months ago #70957 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
wlayton... It's true that Richt's little trip was beneficial to make sure Eason is still on board and to solidify that bond. That's fine... I want Eason to come to Georgia so I'm fine with that aspect of it, and I don't deny it exists.

But it's also fine to NOT like the photo op aspect of the trip, because really that does nothing to "strengthen the bond". Pictures of hugging and breaking of bread together does not strengthen the relationship. What strengthens the relationship is words spoken when the camera was not there about the benefits of coming to play at UGA.

The photo op part though... sorry, but it was unnecessary and comes off as Richt trying to cement the bond not just between Eason and his commitment to UGA, but to show the bond between Eason and Mark Richt and to tie the two together as if they are a package deal.

Some may say that assessment is over the top, and that's fine... but I am not a fool and I sincerely believe that was a big part of the overly publicized photo op aspect of the trip.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70996 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11

Wartdawg wrote: wlayton... It's true that Richt's little trip was beneficial to make sure Eason is still on board and to solidify that bond. That's fine... I want Eason to come to Georgia so I'm fine with that aspect of it, and I don't deny it exists.

But it's also fine to NOT like the photo op aspect of the trip, because really that does nothing to "strengthen the bond". Pictures of hugging and breaking of bread together does not strengthen the relationship. What strengthens the relationship is words spoken when the camera was not there about the benefits of coming to play at UGA.

The photo op part though... sorry, but it was unnecessary and comes off as Richt trying to cement the bond not just between Eason and his commitment to UGA, but to show the bond between Eason and Mark Richt and to tie the two together as if they are a package deal.

Some may say that assessment is over the top, and that's fine... but I am not a fool and I sincerely believe that was a big part of the overly publicized photo op aspect of the trip.

WD are you in any sort of sales?

CMR probably did the same thing with Stafford. There are subtleties used in salesmanship to solidify the sale and I think this was one of them. Simply harder for all concerned to turn their backs on UGA with the totality of his visit. CMR knows the importance of getting JE to Athens along with the other recruits coming with him. Heck I would have brought his future helmet with me to give him.

You certainly may be spot on but to many, CMR can do nothing right anymore. (I know, I know, he can leave).

AGAIN, I'm READY for a change at the top like everyone else but I'm not going to speculate on things I have no idea about especially if he's still trying to bring in the best recruits in the country.

The incident is so insignificant, it just doesn't matter.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 5 months ago #70998 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
Sales and marketing, and I've been very successful. Trust me I know that Richt is a great salesman.

He has sold himself to a lot of fools and sold snake oil to everyone who wants to see this program elevate to the upper tier of college football.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71001 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
Btw, Eason isn't the only recruit CMR has dinner and pics with (sorry, the pic didn't copy)

ark Richt had a breakfast that has turned out to be semi-famous to DawgNation last weekend in Washington. He flew across the country after the Auburn win to spend some time with 5-star commitment Jacob Eason.

Well, he had another meal last night in Northeast Georgia which might top that. Richt tweeted out a picture Thursday evening from an in-home visit with 4-star offensive line commitment Ben Cleveland. The 6-foot-7 Stephens County standout committed to UGA with Eason way back in July of 2014.

What was on the menu? Read on.

Given Cleveland’s affinity for the meal, it seemed very probable that Richt was not kidding. Yet when reached, Cleveland said they opted to save the squirrel for another day. They had barbecue chicken off the grill.

Cleveland finished up his senior season at Stephens County with an 8-3 record. His Indians fell to Carrollton in the first round of the Georgia state playoffs. He has planned his official visit for the UGA season banquet on the weekend of December 11. He’ll take part in the U.S. Army All-American game on Jan. 9 and then report to UGA shortly thereafter.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds