Forum

John "Avid Koolaid Drinker" Leonard strikes again...

8 years 5 months ago #70997 by Buc
While all of us have opinions.

I would empty the damn vault to hire Kirby Smart.

I pose these questions.

What qualifications other than not being a head coach does Kirby Smart lack?

Do we select coaches that have made it big in the media? That is where we are at this point in time?

Looking over several of the past National Championships, fail to see some of the names mentioned as replacements reaching that level.

Guess that leads me to believe head coaching positions should be filled through media driven approvals.

Did anyone see Nick Saban arriving in Tuscaloosa and having the success he is having, especially after what had happened in Miami?

VD brought Mark Richt in from a successful college operation. Looked pretty good in the beginning. How has that turned out? Sometime flash becomes too bright, when the smoke clears, often it appears the same way it now appears in Athens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70999 by Wartdawg
Things change. Change is called for..

If they didn't change, we would keep the same president forever and companies would keep the same CEO forever.

Success 20 years ago does not equal success today.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #71000 by averagedawg
I want a coach from the SEC.
Success at other conferences does not equate to success in the SEC.
I'll take Kirby first and foremost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #71003 by Buc
Rather than edit, going to post.

Anyone that looks at the coaching tree that has formed under Nick Saban and can come to any conclusion other than he is a master not only with players, same applies to those that "study" under him become successful head coaches. I feel their thought process is decidedly warped.

Would take too much time to type all of the successful men that have learned much of their profession from Nick Saban.

Many of the "so called" all knowing college football fans liked the label of Nick "Satan". Those are the folks that know very little about coaching major college football. My opinion. College football is a "business".

Kirby Smart has spent more time under Nick Saban's umbrella than any of the successful coaches that once were with him and departed for successful careers. Nick Saban is the one man that said to Kirby Smart, stay here, you are going to be a very valuable property, much more so than taking a job with Mark Richt as his defensive coordinator. I label that advice as someone that recognizes talent. Kirby Smart is probably the most qualified person to take a SEC Head Coaching job and succeed. Some university is going to make a great hire, won't be Georgia. Too many bleeding hearts that profess to understand football 101.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #71006 by thriller
Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes with my remark about Kirby Smart. He was one of my all time favorite DAWGS and still is. He deserves a shot, and I'd gladly welcome him in Athens.

My post was for John Leonard. He implied that there aren't any good potential head coaches out there. Fact is, the cupboard is FULL of potential GREAT head coaches, either ALREADY coaching in that capacity, or waiting their turn.

"Who would you replace him with?" just doesn't cut it as an excuse, and THIS year that's as true as it's ever been, and possibly for a long time. Strike while the iron is hot, and there are a LOT of irons to choose from.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #71011 by Buc

thriller wrote: Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes with my remark about Kirby Smart. He was one of my all time favorite DAWGS and still is. He deserves a shot, and I'd gladly welcome him in Athens.

My post was for John Leonard. He implied that there aren't any good potential head coaches out there. Fact is, the cupboard is FULL of potential GREAT head coaches, either ALREADY coaching in that capacity, or waiting their turn.

"Who would you replace him with?" just doesn't cut it as an excuse, and THIS year that's as true as it's ever been, and possibly for a long time. Strike while the iron is hot, and there are a LOT of irons to choose from.

thriller, if the above in some small way has anything to do with my post, was not pointed "directly" at you.

All of us have opinions, that is a good thing . . . . Mean that. Hope I did not say anything that would fracture what I believe to be a good relationship. If so, please point me to that particular area.

Bothers me when names that I care not to mention on this board bring "stuff" that too many have lived "behind" for too many years. Another case of individuals trying to gain recognition. And for what?

Dawgs.com is beginning to be recognized for one thing and I believe it is important to Georgia Football . . . . the absolute damn truth.

Folks want to mention grandchildren . . . . what does that have to do with the "Arena"? Buc has great grandchildren and he does not bring that "issue" into "longevity" and a reason to be respected as a writer.

Richt is no different than Mack Brown, Bobby Bowden and I can take that further out.

From where I sit . . . . HIRE KIRBY SMART. Buy Mark Richt out and then as the "suck ups" say, our program will fall apart. Not a single high school football player will want to sign on with the Red and Black. "THEY SAY THAT". Those that have reasons to believe that a storied program like UGA cannot live without the "CARNEY".

Said before, say again . . . . Going to see just how powerful the "press" can be. They are COMING.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds