Forum

Letters to Mark Richt

8 years 6 months ago #69512 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Letters to Mark Richt
"coach" richt,
A couple of definitions from Merriam-Webster for you, since you seem to have no understanding of them:
Definition of FAILURE

1a : omission of occurrence or performance; specifically : a failing to perform a duty or expected action

Definition of ACCOUNTABILITY

: the quality or state of being accountable; especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions

By this definition, you are definitely a failure as a football coach, by failing to perform a duty or expected action, such as winning titles, not losing games that your team should easily win, and not getting blown out every time you play a ranked opponent.
And by failing to acknowledge this failure, you are certainly not exercising accountability. Nobody wants to hear year after year that UGA can still win the east, or compete in a highly respected bowl, or beat Tech, etc

The talent on your teams is, and has been incredible. For your teams not to be competing for and winning SEC and/or National championships year after year is a complete failure on your part. Every other member of your staff has been changed over your tenure. You are the one constant on your underachieving staff. YOU are the failure, and should be accountable for that.
I had a third word for you...LEADERSHIP. But there is no reason for even posting the definition of that one as that word is obviously completely foreign to you.
Do the Dawg nation a favor--resign.
Thank you
sadlerdawg

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69514 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Letters to Mark Richt
Mark Richt,

At the very best way of looking at it, you are completely unable to prepare your teams, or get the best out of your players for big games.

At the very worst, you are completely clueless as to why your teams constantly underachieve and collapse on the big stage, and as a result you are unable today just like you've been unable for the past decade, to do anything about it. The same will be true tomorrow.

We've been "just waiting for next year" for about a decade now, so it's not an anomaly, it's not even just a bad habit... it's what UGA football is with you at it's helm.

Personally sir, I would rather be a mediocre program that regularly overachieves and at least competes every single week than to be have every single thing it takes to be an upper echelon program that constantly underachieves and fails to compete in almost every big game. I say has everything to be an upper echelon program, but that's really not accurate. We're missing one crucial part.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69515 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Letters to Mark Richt
Mark Richt,

There are 3 things that can be counted on in life:

Death
Taxes
and any football team coached by you will have at least one, if not two performances per season that totally embarrass the entire state.

The ONLY thing you can do to redeem Saturday's performance is to win out and somehow defeat Alabama in the SEC championship game.

Good luck with that.

P.S. It has to be Alabama, because they totally punked you.

You'll have to excuse me if you find my comments unreasonable. They are the only cathartic thing I can do right now, and trust me that I need to do something cathartic.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69517 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Letters to Mark Richt
Mark Richt,

I don't have very much to say to you that hasn't been said already with the exception of one thing. Your ego(easing God out) is keeping you from making rational decisions where the team is concerned. I and others have waited as patiently as possible for you to do the right thing and step aside and give this team a reasonable chance to prove itself,but your ego wont allow for that. You are a really likeable person who I believe would really be good at some things,just not coaching at The University Of Georgia.

Leave now while you still have some respect.

Growl

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
8 years 6 months ago #69518 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Letters to Mark Richt
Coach Richt,

I know you think that the fan base are ignorant.

However, I would venture to guess that any decent high school coach could win 6 or 7 games with your roster.

So you are being paid more than a million for every win.

Please do the right thing and resign. Make this your last season and spare us ignorant diehards this annual torment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69529 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Letters to Mark Richt
Coach Richt,

I have been arguably one of your strongest supporters for a long time. I have very little to say. I am disappointed . . . as I have been, again . . . and again.

I don't know if this letter is better directed to you, or to the Athletic Director. Either way.

Things seem to have stagnated in the football program, and there really is no excuse for that. I know that every team in the nation is striving to get better and better, and I know that only one team out of over 120 can hoist the National Championship trophy in any year. But this isn't just about "National Championships".

Others writing to you are mad because it looks like another year without a National Championship and anything less is a total failure - not me. Still others would just like a SEC Championship. Me too, but that's not why I'm writing.

I'm upset because the University of Georgia has a staff of coaches who are obscenely compensated, and yet they produce the same 8-4, or 9-3, or (in "good" years) 10-2 results. This year is looking like 8-4, or worse, honestly. It's beyond my comprehension. And yet the University still sends me letters begging for money. I just can't understand it.

This past weekend was a sad joke. I knew Alabama has a good football team, but didn't we too? Shouldn't we be able to compete? By "compete", I mean that even if we lost the game - couldn't we at least LOOK like we had a chance? Couldn't we at least have put a little scare in the opposition? We didn't even come close to COMPETING.

The problem isn't talent - we're LOADED with it. Maybe not as loaded as Alabama, but we continue to populate the NFL with it, so the cupboard isn't bare. WE SHOULD BE COMPETITIVE. PERIOD.

That being the case, I have to come to the same, rational conclusion that others writing to you have arrived at - our coaching staff is a failure. It really is that simple. You have the resources. You have the talented players. You have the facilities. Your job is to produce football teams that compete. We didn't do that. We CONTINUE to not do that. Every single year we find a way to lay an egg - the only question is when and how big will it be? How humiliating?

What is lacking?

Good coaches.

That HURTS to say.

Sincerely,

(Another name withheld to keep crazies from attacking)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds