Forum

Letters to Mark Richt

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69490 by stevedawg
Letters to Mark Richt was created by stevedawg
These letters are from seasoned Dawg fans. Many of these writers have football backgrounds, SEC knowledge and have been fans for many years.

No sore losers here. Just folks with something to say after seeing the worst loss in many years. A reality check they did not want to have to do but it needs to be said.

They all support our beloved Georgia Bulldogs and have for many years.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69492 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Letters to Mark Richt
Dear Mark Richt,

Having the title of head coach makes you responsible. Our last SEC championship was a decade ago, and most of our competition has not only won the SEC since then, but also National Championships.

Thanks to your constant under-achieving and abysmal performances in big games, I no longer care.

I mean that as sincerely as possible,
(Name masked for privacy on the Internet)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69493 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Letters to Mark Richt
Dear Mark Richt,

Last nights loss to Alabama, was the last embarrassing loss in a series of embarrassing losses. Every year Georgia finds ways to either-
A. Lose to people they have no business losing too.
B. Our team not showing up in the biggest games of the season.
Make no mistake, I do not hate you, but you have to be out of your mind if you think that getting embarrassed year after year is acceptable with the amount of talent that Georgia has.

South Carolina might have been the better team in 2012, but they were not 28 points better than us. Alabama might have been a better team this year, but they are not 28 points better than us. Not to mention 2013 vandy, 2014 Florida, I can't say they might have been better teams, because they weren't you just dropped the ball.

We have not won anything of any significance since 2005, winning the east when it's down is not good enough for me. You need to pack it up, and give someone else a chance to bring a championship to UGA. You reached your ceiling as a coach, and there is nothing wrong with that, it's your refusal to accept that you've peaked that is the problem.

Sincerely,
(Name masked for privacy on the Internet)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 6 months ago #69503 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Letters to Mark Richt
Mark Richt, you have taken on the personality of your mentor Bobby Bowden. There is a difference in the way college football is being played since you left Florida State University.

Having followed both Florida State for a long time and the University of Georgia much longer, it is very hard for me to accept you following the path that Bobby Bowden took. That is exactly what you are doing and seem to be comfortable moving in that direction.

Watching the talent leave Georgia, move on to the NFL and exhibit the talent that they have and was not used by you as a head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs.

Simply this . . . . you do not, have not reached what many of the "supporters" of Georgia Football had hoped for. You made the statement that those of us that are not in the "arena" don't "understand". Would love to sit in on just "one" of your "press conferences", pressers as some folks label them this day and time and ask you the "things" that the AJC and other money making outfits refuse to do.

Coach Nick Saban has been employed by the University of Alabama for 7 or so years. You sir have entered your fifteenth (15th) year as the head coach in Athens. Notice the difference? Many of us do.

Buc, a UGA supporter, dollar wise and other ways that have gone on now since the Wallace Butts days.

On this board recently I started referring to you as a "Carney". Reminds me of days dating back before your birth.

County fairs "Carneys" would lure folks into the tent to see thing such as the "two headed person", being politically correct with "person". Or whatever ruse was available to get the crowd to reach into their pockets to see the "side show".

Time has come, as some on this board have already said, 2015 is just another installment of the "Richting Policy".

Might I suggest "Mission" work? Just a suggestion from someone that has been in the "arena" and played and coached at a higher level than you did both in high school, college and your short visit in the NFL.

To the players I say this . . . . you are appreciated, most are respected. Time for a change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69507 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Letters to Mark Richt
BullDawg2010, really good post. Just the truth. It is time for another coaching move, the move that is needed in Athens.

Sometimes Richt is referred to as "stubborn".

Mark Richt has mentioned more than once that he wanted Athens and UGA to be his last stop. Might I suggest that now is a very good time to "realize your dream".
The following user(s) said Thank You: BullDawg2010

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69508 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Letters to Mark Richt
Appreciate it buc, I could of added A LOT more games that Richt has richted, but I chose ones that are somewhat in recent history.

Everyone knows Richt is a stubborn fool, remember Martinez?

I honestly feel deep down in my gut, that Richt will remain unless we have back to back losing seasons. Bc the world is all about money, and as long as Richt wins 9 or so games, with the occasional 11+ win season, it gives the majority of our fan base hope and with hope tickets will sale and money shall be made.

Pretty sure Nebraska fired a head coach recently that averaged 9 wins a season, wasn't acceptable to them, shouldn't be to us.

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds