Forum

Game Day - UGA / Southern Jaguars

8 years 6 months ago #69323 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Day - UGA / Southern Jaguars
The line did sleep walk through the first half. That's all I was noting... probably looking ahead and not up for Southern until some coaches engaged foot to arse. Don't think being "up" will be the issue next week. There may be issues, but it wont be that. We see what our line is truly made of then...

Fournette or however you spell his name is getting all love, but as was pointed out he is pretty much carrying LSU. He's getting more carries than Chubb and doesn't have a Sony Michel taking some of his highlights and time. I'll take ours over theirs any day. He may be getting the press love, but our team situation is much better.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69324 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Day - UGA / Southern Jaguars
Wartdawg, believe Leonard Fournette is running in the same lane that Todd Gurley did early on with us. Seeing a lot of the same things, power, speed and he seems to be a solid team player.

I like what we have, especially when all are healthy. That alone might be the difference when two teams line up for the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta.

Fournette is a handful.

When we have two of our running backs on the field at the same time, makes not only our quarterback better, it changes what the offensive line can do. Not telling you or anyone else what you don't already know.

Maybe some remember my first post on Isaiah McKenzie when he signed the LOI. Said there will be plays that you will love him, others will drive you (us) nuts. He is who he is, that will not change.

Say again, we can and I hope will throw the ball in Sanford Stadium this Saturday. Not saying passing 60% or more, but I think Alabama's weakest area is in the linebackers playing the pass. Slow their defensive front (that will be hard) and we will have one hell of a game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69325 by Buc
Figure most have watched this video.

Can agree with Mark Richt on what he said at halftime. Football in the trenches, both sides usually determine winners and losers. I have been and will always politic for a good offensive line, not forgetting the other side.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69329 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Game Day - UGA / Southern Jaguars
OK. it looks like we all got a good look at things. Good game for trying stuff and letting the pups play. A little bit of wet ground experience too.

DWS Start the Monday thread anytime

Seriously, we got to dry the team out and get 'em ready for a real game.

Bring it on!!! Go Dawgs!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69333 by Buc
Not starting a new thread. Don't think this belongs in Dawg With Style's Monday Game Week Thread.

Some have noticed, I don't have a lot of love for Auburn. If you haven't realized and follow this board . . . . Gus Malzahn has been figured out . . . . "quickly".

Gus Malzahn and his "bus" came at an opportune time, they have players recruited from other coaches prior to his "takeover".

I do not believe that Gus is "all that". Said it more than once on this board . . . . Malzahn's "wizardry" did not last long, now he is "lost".

Gus brought in . . . . in his words . . . . "The greatest defensive coordinator in all of football".

Muschamp departs the gators and what . . . . they have won every game thus far in 2015.

Birds of a feather have a way of sticking together. Gus Malzahn and Will Muschamp.

Sell that to the fans and alumni Gus.

You said that giving up 17 points to Miss State should go in the win column . . . . what about the offensive points that "you" did not "produce".

Say again . . . . How you feeling these days Garner?

More
8 years 6 months ago #69335 by Buc
Maybe this Auburn "thingy" means more to me than some others.

There is a long history of Georgia/Auburn football. Dates back to the game "supposedly" being played on a neutral field. Before the home and home, it was played in Columbus, Georgia, Memorial Stadium. Yes, I remember.

Going to link the Gus "thingy" video again here. Check the remarks Gus makes at the 2:50 mark about the West side of the SEC, That is called "covering your ass".

Check the 5:25 mark of the video, inexperience talk.

Gus Malzahn is "full of coach speak".

Message to those on the Plains . . . . Give Gus Malzahn and Will Muschamp lifetime contracts. Not sure what you want to do with Garner. Gus will probably do the same thing with Garner that he did with Johnson. Just a guess.

Video is in post #36.

Mark Richt, allow your coaches to "coach".

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds