Forum

Alabama, Smart/Saban . . . . Georgia Pruitt/Schottenheimer

8 years 7 months ago #69234 by Wartdawg
I don't think there's any issue with player recognition. Okay... ours are the ones in black... got it.

The issue is the emotion of the jersey last about 5 minutes. After that, you have to go out and play football better than the other team.

When we wore black for the first time, we went out and played better football than the other team.

The next time.... not so much.

End of story.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #69235 by Buc
Wartdawg, I am a bit too old fashioned, I suppose.

Once upon a time those in charge wanted to mess with the helmets, then jerseys, then the uniforms when we played Boise State in ATL.

From where I sit, think we have the best looking uniforms and that includes helmets in college football.

Wartdawg you said . . . .

The issue is the emotion of the jersey last about 5 minutes. After that, you have to go out and play football better than the other team.

Play the game, much of the other "stuff" is promoted by the "talking heads". Too bad that so many follow their lead. Anything for "clicks".

Haven't seen a lot of changes with the Alabama uniforms recently, they have done pretty well without the "talking heads" promoting uniform change.

Spit, this is football, SEC Football, leave the other "stuff" to those that feel "tomfoolery" is the wave of the future.

I love football, have for many, many years. Lace the cleats up and hit the turf.

Wartdawg, still remember some years back when we had a short discussion about your "Dad" and me not wanting to "arm wrestle" him.

Just want to see UGA Football continuing to progress, and I do see some improvement . . . . IT WAS NEEDED. Sorry, sometimes I need to shout.

Better now . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #69236 by Wartdawg
i've always thought that stuff like blackout days was more for the fans than anyone else.

The ballers still gotta go out and ball.

...and please let's just try and forget the Boise State debacle altogether. those were gods-awful arena football zoot suits.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
8 years 7 months ago #69237 by Buc

Wartdawg wrote: i've always thought that stuff like blackout days was more for the fans than anyone else.

The ballers still gotta go out and ball.

...and please let's just try and forget the Boise State debacle altogether. those were gods-awful arena football zoot suits.

Allow me this . . . . One of the worst coached games that I can remember in UGA Football History. Uniforms were "different" but the coaching was awful. I said that.

Comes a time when coaches have to do more than "bend". Said that also.

Just "POUND THE G", and play football.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #69239 by stevedawg
Well... Me: Quit playing fashion show and get on with the game. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

8 years 7 months ago #69247 by kentdaddy
I have zero faith in Richt being prepared. Just like in the last black out game against Bama.

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds