Forum

Alabama, Smart/Saban . . . . Georgia Pruitt/Schottenheimer

8 years 7 months ago #69239 by stevedawg
Well... Me: Quit playing fashion show and get on with the game. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #69247 by kentdaddy
I have zero faith in Richt being prepared. Just like in the last black out game against Bama.

• kentdaddy
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #69249 by Wartdawg
people can say what they won't can't but I'll definitely agree with you there. as good as we looked Saturday MR has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt.
I may be proven wrong and if I am that will be great, but before every big game I'm going to be wondering if this is the one where we choke. Everything that's happened since 2005 has conditioned me to think that way. Until proven otherwise,that's just the way it is.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 7 months ago #69252 by thriller
Wartdawg, you only go back to 2005?!

Believe me . . . my "almosts" and "woulda's" and "coulda's" and "shoulda's" go all the way back to 1981. Did you ever watch the Sugar Bowl of 1982? We HAD 'em!!! Dan Marino threw a laser to some guy in the back of the end zone, on 4th down, with a heavy rush in his face. 1983? Todd Blackledge to Greg Garrity SHATTERED MY HEART!!!!

And every year since then, it's been SOMETHIN'.

Someone drops a pass. Someone calls a stupid play. Someone forgets there's a clock that's ticking. ALWAYS SOMETHING.

I do have to admit it though . . . I don't have many "woulda's" "coulda's" or "shoulda's" from the late 1980's through the early 2000's. Those years were FILLED with "no way was that ever gonna happen anyway" and "wait until next year".

Just being honest about that.

My expectation levels got jacked up starting in 2001 and basically crashed when AM's pass got batted at the line in Atlanta. Since then, I've tried to just enjoy each year of football I've got left, with the understanding that something is PROBABLY going to ruin it, each year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 7 months ago #69253 by Buc

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #69259 by Wartdawg
I gave MR passes up until after the 2005 season. Prior to that he was a new HC who had came in and elevated the program from where it had been late 80's and 90's, and brought us back as SEC CHAMPS and national relevance. I accepted 2005 and back as that was a time of ascension for the program.

Since then however we plateaued and regressed....

So yeah... I use 2005 as the date from which MR began to disappoint and under-perform. I know we blew chances to do even more in 2005 and prior, but still the program was striding upward.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds