Forum

Winners in the SEC . . . . Offensive Lines Make the Difference

8 years 8 months ago #68696 by sflanagan21
Erk and Pruitt both have a lot of coaching similarities! Pruitt is a true leader that can really coach and he WILL get the best out of you or you will transfer (Wiggins). In any sport at any level you are only as good as your leader teaches you to be. Pruitt is a man of honor that is being paid to get the best out of the talent that he has recruited and you better damn believe that's what he is doing. The Nation will see this year just how good Pruitt and company really are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68697 by Buc
Not to be political, saying this for comparison.

Trump is out among the people and the press, yes there is a difference between the two groups.

Pruitt much like those similar to Trump and others says just exactly what is on his mind.

Players, especially football players this day and time can read through the BS. Much more involved with players decisions when it comes to the "money". That takes us to "recruiting".

Small wonder that Nick Saban year after year has top five recruiting classes. These young players walk through the "football factory" in Tuscaloosa and see what it is that they "want".

The recruit of today is different than the recruit back in the day. Money is a "hot issue" and it will get "hotter" now that the SEC has joined forces with Disney.

Most or maybe I should say, many of the young men that play or want to play in the SEC have the "facts" to fall back on. The group in Tuscaloosa understand how to "recruit" . . . . have known since Nick Saban's arrival.

Takes me to this.

We now have a young coach (Pruitt) that not only coaches well, he "listens" to those that are successful. That is one trait that many coaches never fully understand. Nick Saban "understands". He has listened to many and continues to listen to those that can make "his game as a coach better".

Too often in today's world and market place there are those that have not been down in the dirt. Pruitt/Rocker and Company "understand" and if all factors are considered and respected, Georgia football will compete.

Compete in the 2015 Season with South Carolina, Alabama and Auburn . . . . time passes quickly. Conversations on this board and others will change quickly in 2015 . . . . one way or the other. Some still seem to think that we are a 3 or 4 team loser in 2015. Hard for me to say, just want to see improvement and most of all "Leadership" from all involved with the Red and Black.

Realize that I get into areas that many don't want to discuss, but . . . . it is football at the "grass roots". Understood by some, hated by others. This is football in 2015, not 1950/60/70/80/90. Game has "changed".

Enjoy chatting with you sflanagan21. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68698 by ogredawg
Jury is still out on Pruitt at least for me. Still has a lot to prove like stopping the run winning with his own players and having no let down games for his D. Has the D shown improvement under his watch, yes it has but anything is an improvement over the 2 before him...IMHO.

I do expect great things from this team on BOTH sides of the ball this year due to the talent that this team has. But my expectation is some what skeptical due to coaching failures in the past. Are we beyond that? The answer will come after we have played the first 5 games or sooner...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
8 years 8 months ago #68699 by sflanagan21
No doubt that we will compete and we will be prepared to win every game we are in this year. I don't think for a second that Pruitt has forgotten about what happened against the Gators, that was on him and he is the type to make sure that never happens again! We gave Tech their win with those 2 fumbles on the one and Richts dumb pooch kick. I know I said this after the game but even my wife looked at me as we kicked the ball short and said, why would we do that for? Nuff said. One of the stupidest calls ever by Bobo on the 4 handed the OBC another win over the Dawgs.

My point is that we could have very easily been 12-0 if it wasn't for some bad luck against Tech, horrible defensive game plan against the Gators and a stupid call against the Cocks. I know, could of would of should of.

We could very well drop 3-4 this year but I don't see that happening.
Reason being:
1-we are way more prepared on D and very deep.
2-way more balanced on offense regardless of who are QB is.
3-we have at least 3 freshman that are very elite and their impact by time we meet up with SC will be felt.
4-our players all believe we can win every game.
5-all the pieces to the puzzle are in place on the coaching staff.

Believing is at least half the battle in sports and that seed has been planted with this group. I've never heard as much buzz about how confident these kids are about winning a NC as I'm hearing right now. One thing that you can be certain on is that these kids will be prepared and ready to compete. If we handle SC with ease (which I see us doing) then the momentum train will take off. I'm gonna leave it at that because talk is cheap. I will end it with this, I've bought in and I'm all in with these coaches because I firmly believe that they are all in it to win it.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 8 months ago #68700 by Buc
ogredawg, like your position. Mentioned a politician in my last post.

Hope you take this statement right . . . .

You in my estimation are straight forward, speak from the heart along with football intelligence.

Damn hard to continue to survive on the "stuff" from the past.

This has bothered me for a long time . . . . While I have had and still do have some issues with leadership, I know just enough about football to know the changes made in the coaching staff are good changes.

Really like Ekeler. Know that most here are Falcon fans, and I spent many years in that group. Ekeler is the coach that "taught" Lavonte David how to play the linebacker position. Same coach that lived in a camper recently and followed his heart to Athens. That is the sort of thing or point that I am trying to get across.

I am not convinced that Trenton Thompson would be in Athens had it not been for Tracy Rocker. I do believe this, had grantham still been the defensive coordinator, have serious doubts about Trenton wearing the Red and Black.

Back to Ekeler. He believes that he has the same type of player in Roquan Smith that he coached in Nebraska that is a standout player in the NFL.

Before the 2015 Season is over, Smith will get a lot of playing time.

I like the fact that now we can come to this board and talk about "depth". Have watched "us" and "others" for too long "chirping" about what we are going to do. You and I have the same feelings about what has or has not happened in Athens. All we have to do and I say this often as do you . . . . check our history.

Say again as you did above . . . . there is "talent in Athens". Probably more than I have seen in many years.

One thing that I am hanging my hat on . . . . Pruitt, wears his football coaching skills on his sleeve. That is big in my defensive "book".

www.dawgnation.com/football/roquan-smith...rison-to-an-nfl-star
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68701 by sflanagan21
Below is a quote from Shotty and this is exactly why I'm excited about him because he is an offensive genius and luckily for him he has a lot to work with and he know's it!

“We do know there are some young guys that we need to count on and pick up what we’re doing,” Schottenheimer said. “Guys have done that. But in terms of numbers, luckily for us we’ve got tight ends that we can use. We want to keep people off balance with multiple personnel groupings with tight ends, running backs, receivers, whatever it is. We’re going to make people prepare for a lot of different looks.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds