Forum

Winners in the SEC . . . . Offensive Lines Make the Difference

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68684 by Buc
Greg Pyke has been mentioned on this board, probably more than most.

Lot of talk about other positions, but I do know this . . . . Greg Pyke, offered by Coach Will Friend will make a huge difference in Greg's life. NFL is totally aware of Pyke. Said before will say again . . . . Greg Pyke would go in the first round if I were the person making the choice.

Young men like Greg Pyke have more talent and should be watched closer by fans in the SEC. Would not like to line up across the line from Greg Pyke.

Check the film on #27 and others . . . . they run behind one of the best offensive linemen in D1 college football.

Takes me to this . . . . Bret Bielema, head coach at Arkansas is fast becoming one of my favorite SEC head coaches. Bielema chose to coach in what most consider the best D1 Conference in college football. Bielema understands that football is played in the "trenches". Bret Bielema and his group will get a lot of respect before all is said and done.

Moved away from the Greg Pyke chatter.

Single biggest request I have is this . . . . UGA grow up, no offensive line, not a chance to play in the Final Four. Even Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys finally got rid of the "pink eye".

Read all of the BS one wants about other positions, winning teams in the SEC have offensive lines. Check out some film on Auburn and their success . . . . boils down to the offensive line. Gus understands that.

Crossed fingers that the "top" allows Sale to continue what Coach Will Friend started.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68685 by Buc
Anyone on our board ever wonder why Mike Bobo wanted Coach Will Friend to move to Colorado with him? Think about that.

Mike Bobo said since moving to Colorado that he will "call the plays". That of course gets the "slaps on the back" from those that do not watch what the offensive line is doing.

I understand this . . . . Coach Will Friend could care less about who calls the plays. Will Friend knows that he will make life easier for the head coach and for those that "look good" running or throwing the football.

Remember all of the "stuff" that some on others boards had to say about Coach Will Friend upon his arrival and his first year coaching in Athens. How did that turn out? Did not hear a lot of "smack" after the second year.

Those still "wet behind the ears" grow up . . . . more to football than running backs and quarterbacks.

Highest praise thus far . . . . #27 has said several times that he "understands" the "value" of what Coach Will Friend did while in the Classic City. Not a single running back or quarterback on the current roster that does not recognize the difference between "fan chatter" and "real football" being played at "every position".

Also a lot of talk from the fan base about quarterback sacks. Good thing.

Question . . . . One of our three or four quarterbacks hand the ball off or tosses for a sweep, wonder if that is a good thing? Some of the media jackasses seem to continue to play the game of a 40 or 50 yard spiral to win games. Check film out . . . . most of our games or winning teams do not complete many 40 or 50 yard spirals to win games in the SEC.

Single biggest change in Georgia Football on the defensive side of the ball . . . . Don't give up "homeruns". Defensive backfield coaches at UGA never understood that, prior to the current defensive group. Some even said they wanted to play a "cover two". They wanted to, but did not understand how to teach the system.

grantham, when your defensive team had their tongues hanging out, no depth, teams like . . . . choose your poision, as occurred in the Belk Bowl, eat your lunch. Dallas or New Orleans understood that you were at "best" a defensive line coach, neither of which wanted your services after leaving the NFL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68686 by Buc
Last time that I heard this name being mentioned on this board or others . . . . Penn Wagers.

NC_Dawg has more than once pointed a finger, and correctly so.

A lot goes into winning and coming up short in the SEC.

Penn Wagers really liked himself.

Let the young men play . . . . want camera time, move to "Hollywood".

Bouncing around my friends . . . . much goes into winning in the toughest D1 Conference.

Second season under what "I believe" to be a solid group of coaches. Don't jump on me for this . . . . minus 1.

Totally "amped" for September 19th, 2015 and South Carolina between the Hedges".

"Turn about is fair play". Mark Richt, never forget what some of us "old timers" have put up with for many years.

Steve Spurrier gets the chance, he takes care of business. Might be time for you (MR) to remember this . . . . Bobby Bowden would put points on everyone that he lined up against. Think about that, Sir.

Too many areas of "football on the field" that you don't seem to have a grasp on. Turn the Dawgs loose, means a lot when the "committee" gets together to decide the "Final Four".

Just a "suggestion" from someone that is "outside the arena".

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68687 by yankeedawg1
Buc yu speak correctly about Greg Pyke and

What he owes CWF... Same for JT. CWF

Had him learn both tackle positions. That add

NFL money in his pocket. No question....

Don't see any change how CRS goes about

His busy......all said and done CRS may prove

To be better than CWF. As you say...

I said that.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68688 by Buc
yankeedawg1, I sincerely hope that you are right.

There will always be coaching changes, have noticed over Nick Saban's time in Tuscaloosa that many have come and gone.

Say that for this reason . . . . when a football program is being run the right way, replacements tend to be as good or better than those they are replacing.

For the first time in 15 years I believe that we took a step forward when hiring replacements. After a brief amount of time with grantham leaving, players opened up and basically said the new hires are the real deal.

I know a little bit about FSU football, have friends that are big time supporters of the University. Most say that one of the problems with Jimbo Fisher and Jeremy Pruitt coaching the same team . . . . not a good "personal" match. Both having spent time under Saban.

Yes Pruitt was thrilled to get the offer from Mark Richt. Came to Athens with the handcuffs removed. Richt needed what Pruitt possesses. History proves that to be true, even though the history is only 2 years at this point. When I watch Richt in pressers now, much looser, more smiles, less frowns. Don't let this little "ditty" fall by the wayside . . . . Pruitt covers Richt's back not McGarity's when needed. Fact.

yd1, would love for Sale to be an improvement over Friend. That tells me that we are once again serious about the Red and Black.

Thus far, teaching and backbone has returned to most areas of UGA football. A needed change.

vimeo.com/136561382
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68689 by yankeedawg1
This mornings AHB had a story about depth

In the OL. CRS stated that if JT was not

Available he is comfortable moving IW to the

LT position. Why are we not surprised Buc