The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68506 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Show Me The Money
When I look at the 2015 Schedule below, see where many are saying that we lose 3 or 4 games . . . . WHY?

Number of games being played between the Hedges and the teams that we play on the road. Trying to sort through 3 or 4 games on the "L" column.

Will we go through 2015 undefeated? Don't think so. Do I believe we will lose (taking the outside number) 4 games?

My answer to that is this . . . . we lose 4 games in 2015, we need to find "another money raising game to play".

Someone on this board has to point out to me where we "cannot win" a particular game. Whether the game is Alabama, Tennessee or Auburn. Not forgetting what some are saying . . . . South Carolina. Remember GT getting the best of us in Athens.

My opinion . . . . this 2015 team will not lose because of the "quarterback BS". We stay healthy, we can play with anyone. Excuses be damned. Offensive line that will play together as a unit. Best "group" of running backs in the country. Tightends that most teams would love to have. Much is said about the wide receiver position, from where I sit, we are "loaded".

Folks, comes down to "coaching". Yes, my opinion. Player talent, we have more than enough. Coaching talent, we will see, many of us know that has been a "weak link" in "several seasons". Fact.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
8 years 8 months ago #68507 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Show Me The Money
Lose 3 games with this talent then something is horribly wrong. Alabama is the only team that can beat us ONLY because of the edge in coaching.

Talent wise we are equal, we outclass every one else on the schedule.

We lose 3 or 4 games changes will need to be made, but won't happen because 3 losses has become acceptable as long as the 10 wins are reached. Why does it matter anyway 2 years away when our program will be saved.

thecountrynation.com

More
8 years 8 months ago #68508 by Buc
ogredawg, would like to see who thinks that we lose three or four games. Along with that, would prefer that "they" don't hide their names or reasons for those predictions.

You said . . . . Talent wise we are equal, we outclass every one else on the schedule.

When I read the above in italics, what else "needs to be said" . . . .

Say again, as you said . . . . comes down to "coaching". If that was not a true statement, would encourage those in opposition to clarify for me what has gone wrong with the leadership in Athens . . . . or what has gone right.

Say again, and again . . . . quoting sf21 . . . . the quarterback position is not going to be the downfall for the Red and Black in 2015. He is damn sure right.

I would ask this simple question . . . .

If we had Jacob Eason on campus right now, in his first year. If we did not have a "mature offensive line" or . . . . a backfield loaded with talent like we have . . . . What could or would he do? Same receivers, coming off of injuries, young talent that does not having playing time?

I say this to the media and the Public Relations Group in Athens. . . . you are so full of spit. Keep looking for the "clicks" and remember your "simple simon" way of relating to those that call themselves UGA football fans and supporters.

Some have been around long enough to see another group of "stuff" find its way into Athens and the college level market. Remember this . . . . they come and go, not unlike the young men that play the game on Saturdays. They hope/wish for greater things, but . . . .

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 8 months ago #68509 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Show Me The Money
Buc early on ...late spring the heads at ESPN had us

Losing to UT...Bama. And Auburn. Some had us

Getting beat by Tech... Their reason Georgia being

Georgia..... The have back up some and now ...we

Should win the East....

Respect the teams we play. Fear none....

Stay healthy and catch a bounce. We will make noise

Go dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68511 by Buc
yd1, have to say this . . . . There are some on this board, yep, this board, that can live with the way football has been played in Athens for far too long. Same group that "survived under VD".

Last season suited too many, year before that also. We are into the 15th year of this "Group". Group is not just the head coach if it is being read that way. The Group is way the hell above the head coach. MR is "very comfortable" in his shoes.

The way that an old timer sees things that have not changed for more than 15 years. Did not start with MR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, swampdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds