Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68481 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
35th Anniversary of the last National Championship this year.

Getting a bit long in the tooth thriller.

As said above, talent everywhere on this team.

Single biggest factor in my mind with this group is they "feel" they have "some" leadership, and by that I mean new coaches.

I am not one to forget that "tradition" means much, not only in the world outside of football, especially in football. One need only check Valdosta High School. Flash in the pan they were not, are not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, ogredawg, growl, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #68482 by Buc
yankeedawg1 posted . . . .

As it has been pointed out by several posters here..we seem to be paying a greater amount of attention when it comes to recruiting OL.
Both quantity and quality…… thanks again CWF…and CRS for keeping us on track and not wandering back into the woods. :woohoo:

Just my opinion folks . . . . when Coach Will Friend came to Athens, got down to business, the offensive line developed.

Don't care if we have the greatest defensive backfield in college football, that defensive front has to be "all that" or . . . . we have seen the results otherwise and for too long.

Give me an offensive line with talent, a receiver that catches the ball and most college quarterbacks will complete passes against the 10 Star defensive backs. Hard to protect against good or great route runners. Fact.

If I am reading and believing what I think will happen with the Schottenheimer offense . . . . lots of plays will be called in the first few games to see just exactly what the quarterback can do, and the same with the offensive line with a new center and left guard.

There is little doubt that we have a running game with good run blocking. That is not the main question offensively in 2015.

Mention has been made about quarterback(s) getting time early in the season. Bet this . . . . Rob Sale will be playing "many" offensive linemen early. South Carolina and especially Alabama comes to town, better be ready for "Big Man Football". Have to have quality depth along our front, both fronts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1, growl, sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago #68484 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Playing inspired, 4 quarter ball, on both sides, throughout the season, will indicate to me that the "new hires" are a success. Competing for and winning the SECCG, will indicate to me that the "Anointed One" has FINALLY learned a few lessons from 14 years of mediocrity and the program is "perhaps" turning the corner.

One season, regardless of how successful and inspired will NOT completely change my opinion of Captain Rainbows and Unicorns! Sustain success with the flair and charisma that he's sustained boneheaded mediocrity and I'll become one of his most ardent followers.....

Until then,............

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
8 years 9 months ago #68491 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Just to see the team fired up to play football.

Win the games we're supposed to.

Yankeedawg great post Enjoy your weekend.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, sflanagan21

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68493 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
SEC and NC are on the radar this time of year.

I think we have the 'horsepower' to do it with the players.
New coaching to be working it's magic too.

No kool-aid. Only hard work.

I will be alert and present on this forum at half time in the SC game for the first major analysis of the situation.

The train is about to leave the station.

(With the on and off again demise of Gata News net I have filled in the void... Notice the news bar on the side. I am collecting all sources and will always have the breaking news at the top. As Erk said :GATA". We will do so and keep the media honest too.)

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style, sflanagan21

8 years 9 months ago #68494 by Buc
Great news Steve.

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds