Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 9 months ago #68475 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Yes….. Tuesday starts fall camp and then the quick month of August.

This week’s Blue Plate Special… WHABAC…..RGEPT…..TTRP….

We have a “Bull”at center..

BK has the nickname “Bull” given to him by the other OL.

JT says BK likes to knock over things and has a nasty streak.

JT brought out another interesting point…while we are breaking in a new center we have him surrounded with experience.

BK will make line calls he also has the other OL pitching in and working with him to make sure everyone is on the same page. A very good thing….. In a follow up interview th coaches were asked a series of what if questions… injuries are a part of football..the question was asked what were the plans if we had an injury to JT?

GP was the choice to slide into that spot..point being is we do have flexibility and depth to address such problems….football is a place a what if’s can become what is very quickly. I am glad to see we have done some thinking in this area.

As it has been pointed out by several posters here..we seem to be paying a greater amount of attention when it comes to recruiting OL.
Both quantity and quality…… thanks again CWF…and CRS for keeping us on track and not wandering back into the woods.

Recruits getting early playing time..

Not long ago we had a coaching staff that believed in order to be successful you only played a few select favorite players…everyone else sat and waited…..

Reactive and not proactive…

A recruit coming into our football program now can expect if he works hard and follows his coaches instruction there is little question he will see PT very early on…. Not just mop up duty but real SEC game experience ….absolute key to building quality depth…

Coaches also share how a recruit who is willing to learn multiply positions…. It will open PT doors both in college and the pros….
Unlike before we had players jumping positions because we did not have a plan or depth….. aka knee jerk reactions…..

Time to remain positive……

Choir groans…..stage left…… here comes the sunshine pumper filled with kool Aid speech….. not exactly ……

Our civil conversation over the past 8 months has covered a number of subjects. We collectively offered different comments about these subjects based on what we held as an opinion ….. a very good thing for the health of this blog…. I personally have enjoyed taking part in the process.

Over the next few weeks during camp and going into the early games we are asking the players to “give their all”…….hold nothing back…
IMHO we should do the same….. plenty time to exit the bus if one chooses…

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, DAWGtm, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #68476 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Be undefeated going into the Bama game then maybe I will start to believe once again.

Be undefeated going into Jax then maybe convinced the corner has been turned.

Be undefeated going into the Aubuurn game and maybe I will say this team and coaches are for real.

Maybe......

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68477 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Ogredawg, keeping it real Brotha, I love it!

More
8 years 9 months ago #68478 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Play and win on Jan 11 and I will say richt is for real and I was wrong about him

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
8 years 9 months ago #68479 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I'm one of the traditional "Sunshine-Pumpin'-KoolAid-Drinkers".

For me, winning the East is mandatory. Less than that is "fail".

Winning the conference is a plus - I have to believe that's a playoff spot. Lose the SECCG . . . I'll be pretty disappointed - too much talent keeps slipping away, and so does time. If not this year . . . WHEN?!

Make the playoffs and be competitive - have a chance to win it all - I'd have a tough time complaining (unless we have a first down inside the 5 and throw a play action pass - you'll hear me complain then).

I'm with Buc . . . some of us are getting too old to go much longer without a championship. My most recent SEC Championship ballcap is now 10 years old - I'm embarrassed to wear it. :blush:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 9 months ago #68480 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
With this talent anything less then the SEC championship will be an epic fail. IMHO

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds