Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68495 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
This in a nutshell is what I hope we are getting closer to in Athens.

As more and more young talent in the State of Georgia and elsewhere see the slots being filled, will encourage some that want to remain in Georgia or play in Georgia to get on board. That is what Alabama has been doing since they turned the keys over to Nick Saban. Fact.

Another thing . . . . Since Pruitt left the Crimson Tide, do not see the same positive results there regarding the defensive back play that occurred when he was a part of the team.

Tend to agree with ogredawg on many very good points that he makes concerning Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Easy to build that house, with words, better make sure it is not made of straw.

Pruitt and Sale had similar backgrounds coming up in the coaching profession (I use "profession" in the best sense of the word).

If I am the "Top Dawg", more than likely I will hire a successful high school or junior college coach. Something to be said for those that are not involved in the "NFL Clique".

More and more we see those that thought the NFL was the only place to make a handsome living . . . . that for sure belongs in the past. Many resumes going out these days to college head coaches and athletic directors that have positions open. Those resumes come from all levels. More and more ex-NFL coaches names appear on waiting lists at the college level.

Not that hard to figure. Young men in high school almost to the person set their sights on the NFL. Nothing wrong with that, except . . . . as posted on the right of the new Dawgs.com layout, there is a player that apparently forgot that education part of the formula. Will this young man become one of those with super talent that fails to understand "book work"?

Less than 2% of college football players ever participate in a "single play" in the NFL. Fact.

Tennessee 5-star signee is flagged by NCAA.

Check it out if you have not already.

Like this new setup Steve, yeppers . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.021 seconds