Forum

Something To Think About

8 years 9 months ago #68486 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Something To Think About
The recent articles by Bill King certainly don't reflect his past.

Reading the comment section, seems there is a bit of a shift in pro/con thoughts of Mark Richt.

Seems to me that scoring points has not been a major fault of MR, it is the "rest" of the game calls that the head coach has "problems" with. Again many of the . . . . as referred to "Boneheaded Calls" seem to happen often with the "well coached Special Teams". TIC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68487 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Something To Think About
Personally, I'm thankful that someone FINALLY mentioned the Jasper Sanks incident in his first season as HC. This "issue" hasn't surfaced since 2005, 2006, or 2007....its been with us since his arrival. During the early years we had a defense and DC that provided the sledgehammer to counter the mistakes,....or miscues made elsewhere.

Perhaps we've now come full circle and it's "2002 The Sequel"....Time will tell,......

EDIT: Just went back and read the Comments,.....I'm complete struck with awe that the vast majority centered on all the boneheadedness of last season.....Amazing! 14 years and a friggin' squib kick has your panties in a bunch!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
8 years 9 months ago #68488 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Something To Think About
I'll forego my annual rant about expectations and how they do us in from the beginning. I'll also forego my defense of CMR because the arguments for and against are somewhat pointless in the context of whether he ought to be our head coach because none of us makes that decision. However, I will say that I feel better about this season than many of recent. Maybe the stars have finally aligned and this team is ready to be a contender. It OUGHT to be, based on the experience and talent. I know some will say we've been here before, but the fact is that we haven't been this solid across the board in some time. Sure, QB will be a little shaky, but it's important to remember that these kids were highly recruited for a reason. I hope coach Schott doesn't get away from utilizing our TEs. And, as usual, I hope we stay away from injuries and arrests, but you know...stuff happens. Still, I'm optimistic. I'll just leave it there.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68489 by Buc
More and more comments lead in the direction of Schottenheimer using tightends.

LimeyDawg, the actions of Isaac Nauta decommitting from FSU and that was after attending the gathering in Athens recently leads me to believe our offensive coordinator was involved heavily.

If Isaac Nauta does choose to wear the Red and Black, could also be beneficial on the recruiting trail for UGA, down the road.

I like this mix of coaches more than any I have seen on the payroll for 15 years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #68492 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Something To Think About
Dawgs have been pretty active in the "quality" commitments lately. Bodes well for the future.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68520 by Buc
Little doubt the direction of UGA football, me thinks.

Commit from Texas, Davion Curtis.

www.hudl.com/athlete/3265059/highlights/221649375/v2

Have mentioned on this board before my feelings about Tre Nixon. I know that he really likes Penn State and Georgia. As the article below mentions, Bryan McClendon and Brian Schottenheimer have made an impression on Tre.

I have talked with the mother and she is a really super person that is all about "others". Tre has the same qualities, as well as being a super athlete.

Back to the beginning of this post. Jacob Eason is being armed with very talented players. If Eason is all that, for sure I would want him as my quarterback. Referring to his "arm strength". Throwing the football over the head of Tre Nixon, would have to see it to believe it. Not only does Tre have speed, he is a tough contact type, period. Tre also plays against some very good high school football teams . . . . been around the players in this area for a long time. Some university is going to get the "real deal" when Tre Nixon signs.

www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/florida-4-...eflects-on-uga-visit

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds