Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler - 47 days out

8 years 9 months ago #68357 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 47 days out
I have never liked a QB smoke and mirror strategy. It usually means the talent is not there. Opponents will take advantage of it.

Hand offs to Chubb are one thing but the threat of the pass going to several different receivers turns the defense into chaos.

It all has to work like a well oiled machine.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, swampdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 9 months ago #68358 by swampdawg
Replied by swampdawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 47 days out
Multi QB usually means that each QB will play their talent. When one of them is in, the opposition knows what strengths that QB has and will play to them.

On the other hand, a smoke and mirror strategy can work if the QB's are diverse. Then the opposition does not know what is up when a new QB comes in.

So what are the talents our QBs have to use?
Isn't one outstanding in all areas?

One thing for sure. The opposition can't zero in and prepare if they don't know who has the job.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/07/20/38224...at-georgia-goes.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68360 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 47 days out
Damage control:

ugasports.blog.ajc.com/2015/07/21/ten10-...-field-in-classroom/

When you can't name a QB, make everyone think you're doing "science" to pick one. Another method is to give the job to the guy you promised it to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68362 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 47 days out
We're more ready this year than we have been in, well maybe forever...

I for one am not even remotely concerned about our QB situation. We are going to have a QB battle that's going to make all 3 (And SV) of these guys better and that is a GREAT thing no matter how you look at it! No one knows right now who is going to be our starter and we probably won't know until after week 2 or maybe even longer. I personally think when the dust settles we will all look back and be grateful for the situation that we are in right this minute because we have 3 talented QB's battling for a starting job and they are all going to get better because of it! .

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68364 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 47 days out
sflanagan21, thank you for your optimism. I remember being optimistic once. I believe the term that was used for me was "Kool-Aid Drinker", or "Sunshine Pumper" or something like that. I prefer "Rainbow Stew Eater", but whatever. My optimism has declined severely this year. If you examine the Mark Richt years, you will find that when he has had a strong, unquestioned starter at QB, we have had excellent seasons. When we haven't had a clear cut QB - well, things haven't gone so well. That's even true of the David Greene/D.J. Shockley years.

However, I do appreciate your optimism, seriously. It's tiresome reading nothing but negativity over and over. And I'm probably one of the most negative guys posting these days. Never thought that would happen to me, but history just isn't making me feel better this year.

Chip Towers uses Ohio State as proof that not having a clear cut starter can still be a good thing. That's probably true - if you have a track record of winning National Championships at the HC level. We do not.

But I'm going to keep my spirits up - thanks again for the good cheer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68365 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 47 days out
Thriller, thanks man. I've been a Dawg fan since 81 so I can relate my man but in general I'm just a very positive person when it comes to most things but for sure in sports. Like most on this board I grew up a 3 sport athlete and to this day I still play on a travelling men's softball team, flag football and I coach HS football. So for me I approach every season no matter what sport I'm involved in with high hopes and you have to be like that to be an athlete I believe. I don't think there is a single coach or player at UGA that doesn't think they will win it all this year.

I've learned to prepare for the worst when it comes to UGA football though but with that being said I still go into every single season thinking that this is the year! Also, I'm way more optimistic this year than I was last year that's for sure. I figured last year would be mediocre at best with HM and a new DC inheriting the secondary we had. Year 2 with Pruitt and company will be VERY FUN to watch this year as we are freaking loaded with talent on the D! I think the QB situation will work itself out and we will all be very pleased with the end result...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds