Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler - 47 days out

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68351 by stevedawg
47 days out. Any ideas on where we are with being ready?

Lack of real news has me tired of the hype. But it is hype season.

I added a news column on the right. It what a few members perceive as the working press. ESPN and 247 Sports seem to be it. The rest of the news is about this news.
The ones I choose seem to be the ones that have the news first and deliver it without (much) editorializing. I always welcome suggestions on other news sources.
Click on a link to read. Then press ESC or click outside the window and you return to dawgs.com.

Go Dawgs !!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 9 months ago #68352 by Buc
steve, have noticed a change in the number of potential recruits on campus.

Not too long ago we did not see as many young men or as many players that are rated as some of the very best on campus for Dawg Night.

Tells me that something has certainly changed in Athens. Personally believe it is the new group of coaches under the leadership of Bryan McClendon. Not that Pruitt and Company needed to be pushed, they came to Athens with a background in solid college recruiting of high school talent.

A visit from Gus Malzahn lured Garner away. Had to be he was ready to leave Athens, did not waste any time. Will be interesting to watch Garner/Muschamp coaching together.

I know that Bryan McClendon is a big hit in Florida. He is deeply rooted in not only South Florida, the entire state is aware of his presence.

Thought about this after reading what Steve had to say in another thread.

In dog sledding sometimes all you need is a new lead dog. The others pick up their game to match it.

Well said and it is the truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68353 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 47 days out
I hear all the talk from various places telling me that UGA is going to win the East this year,

With an unproven QB on one hand, and inexperienced ones on the other hand,

A less than favorable Special Teams, with no noticeable leadership, and a penchant to screw up at the drop of a hat with no one in charge so no one to blame,

The other teams in the East must really be screwed up,

Somehow there must be something I'm missing.

I Love the Dawgs-but-

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68354 by Buc
Having read many comments on Dawg Night, posting the one below in italic plucked from ESPN more or less confirms what I believe the changes made in the coaching staff have made.

Up until Brown returned to Athens, gave most of the back pats to the defensive side of the ball and Pruitt and Company.

Appears to me that a "balance" has been struck. Hope so. It means so much for "both sides" of the team to "move the team forward".

Much has been said and is being said about former coaches not putting their heads together, more of a "big me, little you" approach.

May be that I am wrong, but the only link that I am not sure about is the "Special Teams" approach, or lack of.

Will also say, not sure what to expect from Schottenheimer, but that will come into play at some point in the 2015 Season and I have this feeling that he will be in charge of the offense. I hope so, have seen some "things" in past years that did not set well with me.

Georgia held its top recruiting event -- Dawg Night, which has overtaken the Bulldogs’ end-of-season team gala as the hot ticket for UGA prospects -- over the weekend, and the recruiting analysts in attendance apparently were flabbergasted by the turnout. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Jeff Sentell, Bulldogs coach Mark Richt told the attendees that it was the best in the event’s history, with somewhere between 700 and 800 prospects attending one of the day’s two sessions.

Good things happen when the entire team is just that . . . . Entire Team, coaches and players.

Edit . . . . Guess I was typing growl when you were. Read your post and it is spot on. Special Teams being mentioned by you and me . . . . still on the same page. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
8 years 9 months ago #68355 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 47 days out
Raise your hand if you think we would have had

The quality and quantity of players attending

Dawg Night if Towel Toddy and CRG were still in

Athens? We ran out of T shirt at 600

More orders and will be sent to players home

It was like Woodstock for college football recruiting

Growl....everyone has a first day on the job

ST. Say this more work being done this summer

Than anyone can remember....is the word that I am

Hearing from campus.

Steve. ...we will be ready. Better still we will be ready for every game.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, swampdawg, DAWGtm

More
8 years 9 months ago #68356 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 47 days out
Yd1, my big objection for the off season jabber has been the QB smoke and mirror that Dawg fans have had too endure. My take on it is more or less that the cards are being kept close to the vest. If we are going to use a two QB system then I'm okay with that and can see the advantages to it, but can only see confusion where it isn't necessary. Personally I believe that CMR is overlooking his most talented man(FB) and we could be moving on to the bigger problem area ST. GO DAWGS

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, swampdawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds