Forum

Media Nonsense or What?

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68046 by Buc
Media Nonsense or What? was created by Buc
Phil Steele rates the following college football teams in this order for the 2015 Season.

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. USC
4. Alabama
5. Baylor
6. Georgia
7. Stanford
8. Florida State
9. Michigan State
10. LSU
11. Oregon
12. Notre Dame
13. Wisconsin
14. Auburn
15. UCLA
16. Virginia Tech
17. Clemson
18. Oklahoma
19. Penn State
20. Ole Miss
21. Miami (FL)
22. Arkansas
23. Boise State
24. Missouri
25. Tennessee
26. Nebraska
27. Utah
28. Oklahoma State
29. Arizona State
30. Georgia Tech
31. Marshall
32. Texas A&M
33. Texas
34. Arizona
35. Toledo
36. Minnesota
37. Louisville
38. San Diego State
39. Mississippi State
40. Cincinnati

Steele has a pretty good track record, agree or disagree with him . . . .

In the list I see where Alabama is the only team on our schedule that is rated above us. Alabama #4, Georgia #6.

Many in the media are saying that we lose maybe four games. Looking again at the list above, Auburn at #14 and Tennessee at #25 are media favorites of the two teams beating us.

Missouri at #24 and South Carolina not listed are the other two choices.

Question is why are we ranked at #6 and viewed by the media as middle of the pack in the SEC? Lack of talent? Not from the talent lists that I often check.

I do not for a minute believe we are placed at #6 because of a talent gap between us and the teams the media believes hand us defeats in 2015.

Curious I suppose is the reason for this thread.

Thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68048 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Media Nonsense or What?
IMHO #6 ranking would be based our potential, While most media has realized under CMR we often underachieve so they are taking into account the richting affect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68049 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Media Nonsense or What?
Wow perfect description of what's been happening at UGA richting, great call DAWGtm.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
8 years 10 months ago #68050 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Media Nonsense or What?

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68051 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Media Nonsense or What?
Recently in another thread there was a brief discussion on punting. Over a long period of time on this board on occasion punting comes up and for good reason . . . . Using the word "depth" which is being used more and more on all sites, depth at the punting position can be just as important as having depth at other positions. Not saying we need as many punters as our head coach thinks are needed for quarterbacks, but never hurts to take a closer look at Special Teams. Not trying to start anything, trying to give my thoughts on what I see as a very important step in SEC football. Been that way for a long time.

Check the video below on Blake Gillikin. Punts and kicks. Would love to have both Rodrigo Blankenship and Blake Gillikin wearing the Red and Black. We have always had a couple of punters under Richt, let's continue that policy, just improve on our selections.

Check JK Scott, punter for Alabama when they come to Athens. Another part of the game that Alabama believes in.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2839236/highlights/221970375/v2

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68052 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Media Nonsense or What?
Growl, Can't take credit for the term richting. Not sure who first used it on here but like you when I read it thought it was a perfect definition for what's went on with the program. Buc I did read we hired a special teams quality control coach whatever that means. Just hope we have someone working with the kickers instead of them doing the self help thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds