Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 10 months ago #68020 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I hope that BR's experience in the bowl game does him some good. I'm no expert, but it was clear that he was lost on the field a number of times against a D that (1) was not that great, and (2) had been worn down. The "game vision" thing just did not click. I hope that he can change. He's young, he came here with lots to learn, and maybe he can learn enough. However, I feel like the situational awareness is something you either have or not.

So I'm not betting the ranch on him taking us to the success this team deserves. If he cannot take his game up a big notch, then he is not the man. I don't know if that bothers me more or the fact that the staff will probably stick with him too long if it is. Sorry to see Park leave, but wish him nothing but success wherever he goes.

Still think GL was a wasted scholarship. See nothing there but a convenient fall back excuse for the coaching staff. "We'll, we went out and got a QB with game experience. That's what you all were on our case about. We can't help the interceptions. It was just bad luck."

Don't know if someone can step up to lead this team, but there are some athletes here. Still remember Hines Ward playing QB.

One factor that's going to be big - and has nothing to do with arms or legs - someone has got to win the respect of his peers in a big way between now and Usc coming to town. Don't underestimate the mental/emotional aspects of the game for these young men. Who do we have that can fire up the O or assume the load on a bad day? I will say this for HM. He was pretty good at the leadership thing.

It is frustrating that we cannot get all the pieces together at the same time. If AM had this team, we would not have been "five yards short" of anything.

Thanks to all you old pros for keeping things going over the summer. Always enjoy checking in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #68021 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
FB is the way to go and there is NO DOUBT in my mind. Someone needs to step up and make a decision. Sooner rather than later!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago #68022 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
TGIF enjoy the weekend Growl I agree with you hope all is well.

Buc I like Tae to think he will play this year very good RB IMO.

yankeedawg me and my Dad watched the horse races he would of loved to have seen another triple crown enjoy your weekend.

Sadler finally time off and good weather hope you have the same!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68023 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Stacy, as long as we have running backs, behind a good or very good offensive line, my opinion is we can play in the SEC.

I realize that I continue to say recruit where we need it the most, and I do believe that where we need it most is behind a very good offensive line. This is not new news, it is trying to get us away from being middle of the pack.

Some won't like this, but . . . .

Why are we here if we don't have thoughts on how to move us forward?

Stacy, many times you have mentioned running backs, and you are spot on. Who the hell in the college football world would not like backs like Nick Chubb or . . . . this might get your attention or others . . . . Faton Bauta?

Say what? ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68024 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc throwback. NFL. Remember Frank Gifford. RB. with QB skills. Others in that era

Could throw a very good pass Yes could see FB. at RB. Smart. Uses blockers well can

Put his end down and get yards after contact. Interesting observation. Go Dawgs

DWS. Hope you are well. Enjoy the weekend. Going bump 96 Sunday

I

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68025 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
yankeedawg1, feel sure you remember this . . . .

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds