Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 10 months ago #68008 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

It was another strange week in the Classic City. Musical chairs QB style.

This week’s Blue Plate Special = QBSv2……LDSD……WNABASFT

Quarterback Shuffle V2.0

Well to the surprise of nobody we had a QB transfer. JP leaving and GL arriving it is almost like calling arrivals and departures at the train station.

Allow to ramble with my thoughts for a moment.

JP was inside the fence line and knew what his chances of seeing any playing time at Georgia were.

He was able to grade out BR & FB and himself. This was without the transfer of GL or the arrival next year of JE.

Long hot Georgia summer with no rewards come fall.

If our QB’s were as bad as some folks say and we are in a world of hurt at the position then why not stay in the mix?

1. His talent level would never match that of the two guys in front of him

2. As many think..the competition is fake and BR has the job

If number two is true why wait this long to leave? Like both BR and FB they all know if there is a shell game going on or not.

Again we have two choices CMR and CBS are liars or they are not.

No other way to slice the cheese.

If in fact CMR was a bold face liar some recruit over the past 14 years of sitting in living rooms would have called him out on it.

Nobody is that good with so many different eyes on him.

Not even the players he has booted have spoke in terms that he has told them lies to get them to commit to our program.

As pointed out by several the transfer of GL was not the tipping point

I agree…

Nothing but good wishes and success for JP in the future….

Let’s do something different

Much discussion and rightly so about what we could have done
differently to prepare a starting QB to replace AM/HM.

Now no way am I saying that taking an ACC transfer is the magic bullet to solve our QB issues.

However somebody saw something that perked interest that maybe

There was some useable tread left on the tire.

My point being that not what he was at UVA but what might be as an asset for Georgia.

The drama around this position will continue until a starter is named

Then it will pick back up as the choice was not the correct one.

We will then hold our collective breath that injury does force us to do the green apple quick step seeking a replacement.

Now ex-Arizona/Texas QB Connor Brewer to transfer to UVA…back to calling trains. The wheel of fortune keeps on spinning….

Speaking of departures see were our ex-prez Sir Michael Adams

Is heading to the left coast to be Chancellor at Pepperdine. Beach time at Malibu.

We are not as bad as some folks think

Reading some of the media fodder it would appear we were talking about some other team and not the Dawgs

I hear you Thriller…yes the QB is an unknown… we didn’t feel all that great about HM and wanted a different QB.

Again 2014 was all about TG3..after Clemson we knew NC was special

Just how special we would find out as the season unfolded.

All this talk about stacking the box…seems everyone we played tried including CTG. How did that work out?

We don’t have to throw for 300yds per game…..

I can think of several pro and college QB’s that had very good careers

Dinking and dunking… then maybe 3 times a game take a deep shot.

High completion ration low Int’s….

Remember the pick at the end of the SB?

Even good QB’s can make bad choices…. OK ..it was a hell of a play by the DB!

Another example of a coach out thinking himself…shades of our USC game last year.

Whoever is our starter I hope to hell he learns the grounding rule..plzz

Reach the half way point of June next week…… July will fly by…

Pause and give thanks

Have a safe weekend and a great week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68012 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Off the subject,but, hated to see the news that "Dusty Rhodes" has passed away. Whether you liked him or not he was an icon and well loved in the state of Georgia.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago #68013 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Growl thanks for sharing..... T & P. Your way...... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68014 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Having read the selection below from the BPS, couple of thoughts.

1. His talent level would never match that of the two guys in front of him

2. As many think..the competition is fake and BR has the job

If number two is true why wait this long to leave? Like both BR and FB they all know if there is a shell game going on or not.

Again we have two choices CMR and CBS are liars or they are not.

Can't agree with . . . . #1.
1. Jacob Park is a very talented player. If the talent being referred to is physical, certainly disagree.

Can agree with . . . . #2.
2. Many/most agree that Brice Ramsey will start the season. Would be surprised if at some point in the game Faton Bauta did not make an appearance. Nothing guaranteed.

This discussion came up several times last season. Way ahead, pull the starter and get some experience for those that might have to play at some point, even the following season. Mason had to get knocked silly before being replaced for any substantial amount of time. Ramsey being the most battle tested has less time in live action than the incoming Lambert from the ACC.

While I personally would not call the coaches liars, I don't have to accept "coach speak". Difference there, they can do and say anything that they want, one does often in the Butts-Mehre pressers.

The timing of adding another quarterback does not impress me, but I don't make 4 million dollars a year and for all the head coach knows, myself and others know very little about the arena.

Lot of talent on campus, much more coming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
8 years 10 months ago #68015 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
QB play does'nt concern me nearly as much as Coaching blunders, however I personally would feel more comfort with FB leading the team.

I feel competition is warranted, but misleading players to cya is plainly going to cause trouble down the line.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68017 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
growl, this is hard for me to understand.

Whether true or not, much has been written outside of this board about the "mental makeup" of Ramsey. Whether true or not, I have to think that there is "something" that keeps Ramsey and Bauta in a "competition". One maybe being a "smarty" and the other with the "arm". What separates the two in the minds of the coaches?

Having watched the G-Day Game more than once, I see nothing wrong with Bauta's arm. I have noticed that Ramsey's footwork is not the best I have seen. Ramsey does however have an "arm".

One of the often mentioned concerns with the upcoming 2015 Team is a lack of receivers. I don't agree with that, but media has made a "big play" on that point.

Having watched a ton of film, Schottenheimer is without a doubt "excited" about the tightends on campus in Athens. He has not said that, but if one watches patterns from the "past" often it is referred to as "History". He has a history.

We have a group of young men at running back that are very good. Not one, several.

We have four tightends that belong on D1 football fields.

We have an offensive line that is talented, but I would use the word "experienced". Lots of talent, but the beauty of the offensive line at this point is not just the starting group, there are others that have talent, just lack experience.

Allow me this from the above paragraph. Lack of experience . . . . Do I or anyone else on this board need to say more? This is how the coaching staff has played football for too long, talented players on the bench or sideline. You played the game, you know that on the field is the only way to become "all that".

Staying with the above. We have added coaches on the defensive side that move players around. Knowing one position is not the best way to enter the NFL. Work in a machine shop and can't run a lathe? Grab a broom and sweep the floor. Player gets hurt, seriously hurt, cross training makes the exchange a bit easier to handle. Might not be as good at the position as the player that fell, but it is not like there is not some understanding of the position or formation.

There are those of us that believe that Faton Bauta can run this 2015 offensive team, just too bad that he does not fit the "mold" of "Top" as to what a quarterback should look like.

Will stop, have problems sometimes with watching the same movie over and over. Why? The "outcome" is always the same. Have watched the "same move" in Athens for many years. Coach speak does not change the "bottom line". Don't like as you say growl, coaching blunders. Part of the same movie I have watched from the "Top".

Any news about the PP on the decks? Speaking to you President Jere Morehead.

Edit . . . .

University of Georgia President Jere Morehead got a 43 percent bump, boosting him from $567,380 to $811,374 in May of 2015. $243,994 raise, hardly a "cost of living raise".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds