Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat

8 years 11 months ago #67673 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
In case anyone was wondering, I HATE this God forsaken, soul killing, Hell pit of a city. Glad to see my daughter though.

OK back to the football thread.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67674 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
Feel good Sadler. You are just a visitor. Deep breaths. It will be a distant memory

The really strange thing is 150 Miles north lis some of the most beautiful wilderness you will ever

See. I speak of the Adirondack Mountains and the Lake Champlain area. Good people who

Still love there woods and lakes. Safe travels. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
8 years 11 months ago #67675 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
Left the feel good crowd on New year's eve 2010 on that chilly night in Memphis

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
8 years 11 months ago #67676 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
I agree, YD1...there's beautiful country all around this city. It's just that once you enter the city here, you're entering a different world in a different dimension. Kindness, manners, patience, courtesy, all unheard of in the city limits. There should be a sign at the city limits--

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67677 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
This thought occurred to me after learning about the beat writer Seth Emerson leaving Macon/Columbus and signing on with the AJC.

Am I wrong or have I noticed that Michael Carvell has picked up the pace recently? Both of these guys seem to be covering UGA for the most part.

There is little doubt that Seth Emerson is entrenched in Butts-Mehre. Also, Pouty is there on a consistent basis, yes he has a secure seat.

Might be that there are changes being made within the AJC, and now it is every person for themselves.

Could also mean that you and I see less information flow as the AJC continues to want "membership clicks".

Back in the day, when the Atlanta Journal and Constitution were in the same building but competing for readership. Constitution was the morning edition and Journal was the evening edition. The two main sportswriters were Furman Bisher/Journal and Jesse Outlar/Constitution. Both men did what I would call "true sports journalism". Job was a bit tougher then, had to have copy ready each day for the typesetters and makeup folks. Today if we look closely enough, we see some that appear to read other folks articles and then change a few words here and there. Newsprint business was a demanding business.

Anyway, will be interesting to see what unfolds in the 2015 timing of putting beat writers together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67678 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
Sadler. Being from upstate while growing up we always looked at NYC as the 51rst state

A different world. Like no other big city in the world.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds