Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 11 months ago #67482 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc each passing day as I said earlier. We are in a good place. Young pups will spend the summer sweating in the GA sun. As you said. Boot camp for everyone

Who's is going to start the fire today???? We will see players who will lead by example

Book it.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67483 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Made no secret that I have been in Keyon Brown's corner since the recruiting started.

Also not making a secret on how I feel about these coaches that recently arrived. Kevin Sherrer, another one of the coaches that came from the other side of the Chattahoochee to teach football in Athens. Kevin was defensive coordinator at South Alabama, and was a recruiting machine there. Sherrer is another coach that recruits well and hard in Florida. He has spent some time in my area and he understands talent.

There is a reason that he is a part of Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Straight talk.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67484 by yankeedawg1
Great point each assistant coach was hired for their skills and abilities. Not just a pretty face with

No clue......

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67485 by Buc
Mike Ekeler.

Pruitt brought in Mike Ekeler, Kevin Sherrer and Tracy Rocker to round out the completion of the defensive staff. Correct, Pruitt selected the coaches he wanted.

This was a case of Mark Richt doing a very good thing . . . . stayed out of the way. Soon after the hires and watching these coaches work Richt had this to say . . . . "Hiring Pruitt was the right thing to do".

I have mentioned this before . . . . Mike Ekeler was the linebacker coach that sent Lavonte David to Tampa. LD swears by Ekeler.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67486 by yankeedawg1
Camarillo. Staying out of the way. Classic example. Less being more....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67487 by Buc
yankeedawg1, a particular quote that I have stashed for a while . . . .

“I would say you look at coach Rock, you look at coach Sherrer, you look at coach Ek, and you watch those guys coach, they’re flying around the field, they’re getting after their guys, they’re very demanding,” Pruitt said. “It’s not me, it’s them.”

There are times that I think about what ogredawg has mentioned about having the team ready. ogredawg is right.

Here is my two cents worth, not in disagreement, just looking at 2014 the way I saw it.

We end up 10-3.

Florida whipped our butts. As much as I hate to say it, I concede that loss to the gators. They were READY to PLAY. No doubt.

Gamecocks, that loss is on the offensive coaches. Not many times that Spurrier does not put points up against all teams. SS knows how to put the ball in the endzone. Don't think I have to mention again the play calling. That one is on Mike Bobo. Why do I say that . . . . Mike Bobo was our offensive coordinator and our head coach said more than once in 2014 that Bobo calls the plays, sometimes Richt would get involved.

Yellow Jackets, that loss sits squarely on Mark Richt's shoulders. Head coach admitted that. What they heck, no place to hide, millions watching the game on television, and the Sanford Stadium packed to overflowing. Tech scores points against a lot of teams.

Missouri Tigers win the East Side of the SEC. Offense and defense kicked their butts at their place, 34-0.
No reasonable reason for our team not to be 12 wins and 1 loss. My opinion.

The two games I believe that "possibly" kept us out of the Final Four, I say coaching mistakes more than player mistakes were the problem.

Yes, I understand it would have Alabama in Atlanta.

So, here we are again. Second year under Pruitt and Company, have more depth than I can remember us having . . . . maybe ever. If the new additions along the defensive front produce as expected, going to take a solid SEC team to beat us. The "newbies" get full contact in Fall practice, then four games for the "newbies" to become full fledged SEC players prior to Alabama. Yes, I know that we have Spurrier in the four games before Alabama. Not overlooking the gamecocks, maybe the new offensive coordinator will handle the game better than it was handled last season.

If Mark Richt blows a single game in 2015 because of his play calling . . . . there will not be enough words to express where I think he belongs. One of Wartdawgs favorite expressions . . . . No Excuses. Too many mistakes at crucial times by our head coach, different years . . . . has a pattern developed?

ogredawg, you are right, Florida was awful. Add to that, so was South Carolina and Georgia Tech.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds