Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 11 months ago #67476 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Agree Buc. Believe it was you who spoke about Gus running the same basic HS plays out of

Different formations. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67477 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Know that I sound like a "broken record" yd1.

As long as we remain on the path we seem to be on now, recruiting offensive and defensive linemen, makes "every other position" on the field easier. That certainly amount to victories, or being in the game for four quarters. Like rockdawg mentioned in another thread . . . . tired of first quarter snail starts, and I might add, fourth quarter coaching calls.

Appears Julian Rochester is leaning strongly toward Georgia. Recruiting competition between Auburn and Georgia . . . . Garner and Pruitt. What is not being said is that Julian Rochester has been steadily building a bond with Tracy Rocker. Haven't seen Muschamp's name mentioned concerning Rochester, might be a "clue" as to which team Julian will play for.

Care less about the media star ratings. We (all of us) have the resources to look at film on youtube and other sites, that is what "many" media folks do and then add their commentary. Truth.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67478 by Buc
Fan base is excited about many of the changes that have been made recently.

Appears that our recruiting efforts have paid off with players being mentioned as some of the best in the SEC. Lots of media chatter about Georgia being listed at #6 presently in the country, with strong possibilities of moving up.

OK. Now it comes to this. Have the right recruiting decisions been made? Are the coaches ready at this point to stand toe to toe with some teams that the "media folks" are saying we will be underdogs playing against?

Some of the recent hires have been associated with football programs that have achieved much more success that we have. Hard to deny that.

Think most of us know that successful recruiting is linked closely to winning programs. Alabama is the best example that I can give.

Success for some fans differs, actually differs a great deal. Some or most fans support or want to support Georgia. Comes a time when hard facts have to be looked at. That is what separates the fan base. Many are willing to say "next year". Many have had enough of "next year" talk.

I sincerely hope that all of the talk about Jacob Eason has not moved the focus of the 2015 Season joining the "next year" talk. I have read a lot of that.

Have to say this again. I believe that the choice for our starting quarterback in 2015 was settled after the Belk Bowl last season. Reason? Georgia kicked the "spit" out of a team that many "experts" said was above average. What happened in the Belk Bowl? My opinion is Brice Ramsey "managed" the team. Same term that was often used when describing Hutson Mason. With approximately 3 minutes left in the second quarter Mason went down, in came Ramsey.

What happened with the time left in the game . . . . was not a quarterback that changed the game it was . . . .

Attachments:

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67479 by Buc
For those that have not seen this yet . . . . Picked this up on the internet.

Todd Grantham, the former UGA defensive coordinator, tweeted out a list of Georgia’s top college football prospects on Saturday.

Apparently the tweet has been removed.

When I mention his name posting here, I start with a "lower case g". Some have wondered why I continue to do that. Reason? grantham is a "zero". Classless individual. grantham and petrino belong together. grantham got the "spit" kicked out of him in the Belk Bowl. Million dollar loser, spelled "grantham". Not on a first name basis with the POS, if I were . . . . todd.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67480 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Year two for Toddy. Eyes in Louisville watching. He is Booby P 's fall guy in waiting

Granted a over paid pos. Next stop a FBS school. Hmmmmm. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67481 by Buc
yankeedawg1, the photo in post #16 shows grantham pointing at petrino, photoshop. That is the reason that he has lost his coaching job every place he has coached, always someone else is the problem. Nick Saban never asked him back, nor did Jerry Jones renew his contract.

Whether or not we agree with the latest hires, for damn sure grantham with petrino is a blessing for us.

Have had some conversation with a good friend of mine recently, will see him again this week at the VA.

This is my understanding . . . . Anyone that thinks that LSU is lax in their program, does not come close to the way the program is being run in Louisville. Couple of Georgia players find it easier to do as they please since leaving UGA. I said that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds