Forum

Decisions

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #67177 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Decisions
Probably did not make it clear ogredawg, but I was trying to refer to Jacob Park. Sometimes leave the ends loose.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67178 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Decisions
My bad Buc got Eason on the brain. Yeah said I would not be surprised to see Park transfer and follow Bobo if he did not get the playing time...

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67179 by Buc
ogredawg guess all of us know that Mike Bobo and Will Friend are opening up for business in South Georgia, and North Florida.

I am really watching, going to be interesting to see how many players that both of the departed coaches come up with.

Do know that McElwain did a very good job while in Colorado. Don't know how many here follow what some of the head coaches for other universities do on a full time basis, but the coaching crowd just got larger.

Going to sound the warning, not sure who if any are listening. McElwain is going to have the gators back up and running full speed in less time than many imagine.

This little "pp fight" supposedly going on between McElwain and Muschamp, Auburn will come out on the losing end of that "so-called" battle of words. Many of the athletes that were leaving the State of Florida, going to universities like Auburn and others, there has been a successful transformation in Gainesville, Florida. Florida might truly be on a "two year plan" but will not be on the same plan that many reporters and some "fans?" have been on with UGA forever it seems.

I know what I see, know also what I hear. Will put this post in the vault, know in my heart of hearts that there is a "storm" brewing that many don't recognize at this point. Foley did not make a mistake this time around. Saw the error in his ways with Muschamp . . . . Just serving an "early alert" on those that think all is ok. Still licking my wounds from the last JAX game, now they have a head coach that is grounded and is quickly becoming a pain in the butt to Jimbo Fisher.

Still hoping to see more change in the Classic City.

If anyone reading this board has not read the link below, might take a look. Know that many are following what the press wants to feed us. AJC posters again have us winning the SEC East and reaching the Final Four. Again, there is a "storm brewing" and Jim McElwain is the "eye of the storm".

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-footba...-spells-trouble-sec/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #67180 by Buc
ogredawg, have read everything and I mean everything I can find on Schottenheimer.

Right now, not yesterday or tomorrow at this point . . . . I understand why or think I understand why he is our offensive coordinator.

Schottenheimer is huge on screens, and loves running the football. Did extensive homework.

My question to the Schottenheimer hire is this . . . . Was Rob Sales his choice as offensive line coach? Was that Mark Richt's original choice? Who made the "original decision" to hire Rob Sales.

Follow that up with this . . . . Was Brian Schottenheimer hired because of his quarterbacking background? Was he hired to change only the wording used calling plays? The Richt/Bobo system remains the same, only change is the "name" of the play, believe I have read that along with our head coach confirming. Is that what his starting salary requires? Why did it take Bobo and Friend leaving for Brian Schottenheimer to receive the money he will receive, asking that because the prior offensive coordinator was averaging over 30 points a game and the money distribution was different.

Yes, I have questions. Bothers me somewhat that I don't hear more questions being asked. My opinion is that too many UGA folks still accept what is being told to them. Not all, some. How does a program improve if questions are not asked? Do we rely on our head coach to take us to the promised land? Think about that. Go back that past 7/8 years and mull that one over.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #67181 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Decisions
As far as the OC goes we went from mediocre to mediocre. Schott has really done nothing much in the NFL other than having a famous last name. Read a lot on him also and nothing really stands out.

Will still give him the benefit of the doubt and the chance to show his stuff.

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67194 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Decisions
Schottenheimer hasn't called a single play yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds