Forum

Decisions

9 years 2 weeks ago #67171 by Buc
Decisions was created by Buc
Forget who said this but . . . . Would not be surprised to see Jacob Park find his way to Colorado State University. Thinking it was ogredawg. Too lazy to look/see.

This “Big Arm Stuff” at some point comes face to face with playing the position. Too much of the “Big Arm” chatter comes from those that are after readership, that is their job, convince those of us on the “outside” trying to look in and decide for ourselves who we think are the best at “any position”, not just quarterback.

Have some concerns when reading some articles on Eason.

Seems to me that Eason's Dad is the person giving out information on his son. That is understandable to a point, at some point it becomes much like parents at youth games, they become the center of attention, not the young folks playing the games. Guidance is one thing, “living” through our children is another, happens way too often.

Reading the comments in the article below, seems we are back to where we begin every year. There have been changes in the way football is being recruited and taught in Athens, that alone does not mean National Championships from the get/go.

On occasion I mention BMOC and it appears to me that we are going to be faced with that in this case. There will be resentment from some that wear the same uniform, that is simply a fact of life, been that way forever.

Back to Jacob Park and what appears to be happening in his case. Not getting that many snaps with the starters, even though we are led to believe it is an open competition. My question would be asked like this . . . . After all of the rave reviews coming out of Athens about Park, the way he performed on the Scout Team, and now . . . . what? Might be that Jacob Park moves his “Cannon Arm” to Colorado State University. It was Mike Bobo that was instrumental in getting Park to sign his LOI with Georgia.

Simple question for me as an adviser to Jacob Park. Think you are going to play quarterback at Georgia with the existing talent and the “Big Gun” coming in 2016? Mark Richt will release you with no strings attached, now might be a very good time to move on. I would certainly advise him to do so at this point. Eason arrives in Athens, game over.

Hope that Eason is all that, seem to remember another quarterback out of Texas with a cannon for an arm.

Press doing what they have done for a long time . . . . preparing for the National Championship in "two years". Reading the comment section in the article below, same talk I have heard year after year.

recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/04/03/new-t...easons-visit-to-uga/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67172 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Decisions
To me having Eason as a commit is better than not having him. I'm not into the hype but the kids nowadays are and top talent attracts top talent just look at our other 2016 commit's. I do hope he is different from our boy from Texas because I never had the feeling he was a team guy it seamed to me he was just auditioning for the next level while he was at UGA. With Park that is a difficult decision do you think going to CSU even if he was the starter there would increase his chances at the next level. We know just because you are the back-up guy now you have to be ready you might be the starter the next play if number one goes down. How much did that 3rd string QB from OSU help his stock this year?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67173 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Decisions
Dawgtm....Good post..... better to have Eason inside the tent rather than him pitching Bama or

Gators to his fellow players. As we know strange things can happen between HS and arriving here

In Athens. Let's wait a little longer before we say it is just a 2 man race for QB.

Hearing more from the press about this than coaches..... Interesting that FB is one of the 2. He was

All but written off and.still hanging...... I hear the moans this competition is nothing but window

Dressing....press would be totally lost if it didn't have anything to write about concerning our QB's.

See the same press fodder being written about some other SEC. QB. battles

Go Dawgs
l

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #67174 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Decisions
No doubt that Eason has created a lot of "spark" with many that will play on the offensive side of the ball. That is a good thing.

There are many that know when you have the press behind you, usually makes the move from high school to college a much easier step.

A question I would ask goes something like this . . . .

Would Eason accept taking a redshirt? Many times the answer to that from the player is based on several factors. Coaches, parents, teammates, and last but not least "self".

If one of our quarterbacks step up and has an outstanding 2015 Season, team likes him as their leader, does he keep the job in 2016? What about 2017? Guess we enter those years in Spring and Fall Camps with an "open competition". My reason for saying this is because we have witnessed under our head coach a lack of "talent" playing and rewarding those that stayed in the program for more than a couple of years. Anyone that believes the past chatter about learning the playbook being the main reason, it is what it is . . . .

Speaking for myself, wish each and every player could move on to the NFL. That of course will not happen. Believe the mission in Athens should be to promote the entire team concept, make our way to the Final Four or whatever that number turns out to be later on. Truthfully, looking back at several of our teams in the recent past, talent level was there, and many in the "media" at the beginning of the 2014 Season predicted UGA would be one of those teams in the Final Four.

Going to be a long, hot summer. Many days without football between the Spring Game and the beginning of practice in the Fall. Conversations about College Football will be few and far between.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67175 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Decisions
No question while the quantity of conversation may decline over the summer no question that the

Quality will not. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67176 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Decisions
Don't think I said he would go to CSU. He would get the starting nod there but I just don't think he would follow Bobo there. Now maybe if he changed his mind about going to UGA I see him going to FSU or Southern Cal. 2 places that are also known for getting QB's to the next level. Think he is strong commit to UGA and will enroll there probably early.

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds