Forum

Monday Thoughts, Coach Will Friend's Contribution

9 years 2 months ago #66923 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Thoughts, Coach Will Friend's Contribution
Buc as long as we are having a chat I will ask you this question

What would you have done differently to get our 2015 QB game experience

other than mop up duty which games would you have played them?

Would you have looked at using a 2 QB offense? Seeing 11 other SEC teams faced with

The same challenge Who did not do anything different then we did as far as quality snaps

Hey maybe the way to go is play your 3 string QB like OSU who had one playoff game and

Then the Natty....your thoughts???

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #66924 by ogredawg
Our 2015 QB should of been the QB in 2014. The best QB sat on the bench in 2014. If this would of happened the conversation would of been a moot point. We keep hearing and most are talking about change...CMR did exactly as he has done in the past and reward a 5th year senior with less talent the starting job...can you imagine with our RB's and OL what a Bauta, Ramsey or Park behind center in 2015 with 2014 under their belt as starter what this team would be capable of in spite of CMR...but noooo it is wait until 2016....the excuse has already been made for 2015...and.....if CWF would of been promoted to OC he would not be shoveling snow in Colorado and we may have had a special teams coach with CWF wearing 2 hats as OC/OL coach...

Simple solutions made complicated by CMR...and if anyone on this board believes that CMR is going to stay out of the way....guess again...ain't gonna happen...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66925 by Buc
Good questions all, yd1.

As I am getting in after I read your post and ogredawg's, believe ogredawg said most of what I think and would have said.

When I look at our yards per catch, not a doubt in my mind that Faton Bauta would have and should have been the quarterback.

Politics, which I have mentioned before are applied in Athens. Supposedly some of the "leaks" from Athens were something like this . . . . Faton Bauta very much like AM, spends hours in the film room. Faton Bauta also knew and knows the offense that his offensive coordinator wanted to run, cover to cover. Faton Bauta is not one of the "guys" when it comes to some of the off field activities that had some removed from the team and others "barked at".

Have never been able to get a grip on Faton Bauta coming in for one play early in the 2014 Season, turning to get the next play from the sideline and motioned off of the field.

Truthfully yd1, not sure why we should compare ourselves to other teams. Different coaches, different views on how to game plan.

The press now playing up Ramsey being the only qualified quarterback on the Georgia roster. I look at his playing time in 2014, truthfully cannot find anything outstanding about his time on the field.

Guess my next thought is . . . . new offensive coordinator in Athens. Here is my question. Are we going to pay Schottenheimer big time coordinator money and what . . . . change nothing? Schottenheimer and Richt have said publicly that there won't be any big changes to the offense.

Comes down to this I suppose . . . . All we need in 2015 is a game manager, win 9 or 10 games, go to a lesser bowl and all is well. Not the first time Richt has said prior to the beginning of the season that there will be competition at all positions. That my friend is "coach speak" coming from what I have seen in 14 years. I sincerely mean that.

Will say this also. I believe that Richt hired Schottenheimer because he will follow the "pattern". Same "pattern" that has been followed since his arrival. There is one way, a conclusion that I have realized to be the only way . . . . Richt's way.

Only fair for me to ask you the same question.

What would you have done differently? Know that you mention sitting with some folks in Athens that pay attention to our football team, surely there is some strong football talk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66926 by stevedawg
Footnote: The traffic is here. Way more than last year. Not many posting because not much going on. But the reading is just as good as ever. :-)

What is it people like here? In depth analysis that no one else dares to discuss. And discuss is the key word. Instead of some high and mighty authorized channel writer dictating the news, we dig into it. And we dig in with a lot of knowledge and experience involved.

Among our top 10 or so posters we have a couple hundred years of Dawg knowledge. Actual experience going back decades.

That's what we do here.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66927 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Thoughts, Coach Will Friend's Contribution
Fair enough Buc....agree other teams other coaches working on a similar problem of QB

Development. Point I was making that none of them played their backup QB with any regularity

Saying HM was not our best option at QB is conjure. We did not have access to all the practices

G game is not a good measure for evaluation which has been discussed here also

Looking beyond HM getting the job because of favoritism which of our 3 losses can you

place the blame just on the QB play?

Much has been said here about CMB. I think he had an idea that he would still be here

So I think he had a plan for the QB in 2015.

This task now goes to CBS....who just may surprise...players like and respect him

so answer the question what would I have done differently....

Not a fan of 2 QB so that is off the table

Putting special plays in to use pass or running ability ...qestionable results

add to this we were trying to ramp up HM's game experience... I would probably done

That which our coaches did.

Buc..ccheck your vault...how many were against AM being named starter....

His beginning was not without difficulties

Said early....get me a center who can lead the OL

QB will sort itself out...

Most of what I get from campus is that any one of the 3 can separate themselves and

Become the guy.....

Also reports that CBS is just not a pretty face.... and HC is staying out of the way

Ask this.... why would a HC ever say his new OC was going do anything different?

Duh......

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 2 months ago #66928 by Buc
After posting the above, went back and copied the thread that I started a few days ago.

Bet this. We will know a lot more about whether or not anything has changed or will change in 2015 at the quarterback position in short order.

Much of what was said in the thread I believe can be said in response to your post yd1.

Say this again. Have tried not to say much about Faton Bauta recently. Why? At some point banging one's head against the wall gets nothing more than lumps and bruises.

Below is the opening post in the thread.

Have seen and read where Mark Richt said that the quarterback competition is going to be an "open drill".

Not going to be real ugly, but I have heard that coach speak before.

Continue to see the talking heads and beat reporters putting Ramsey in as the starter in the opening game. Surprised me that Faton Bauta's name was even mentioned.

Folks in Tennessee seem to think that they have a starting quarterback, no problem. Same can be said for Auburn.

Still bothers me that we have a head coach that is basically a "quarterback coach" and it has been one of our main problems for some time. Won't go into the names that have been under center since Richt has been the leader, but it is not real impressive looking at the "overall" on his resume when it comes to the quarterback position. Good example . . . . 2015 and I read a lot about the one position that concerns most.

espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12382107

Edit: Have to say this again . . . . Please stay out of the way, allow the new hire that is making some serious money to earn that jack.

Allow me this. It is very important that we first off find ourselves a center, "Boss" is gone. New center and new quarterback, that can be a tall task. College football has changed so much, that is one reason I am on the "stump" often about replacing offensive linemen. Like the word replacing much better than rebuilding.

As ogredawg said, the excuse has already been made that we will "find ourselves" in 2016.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds