Forum

SOW-03

9 years 3 months ago #66435 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Start of the week Dawg talk
wlayton remember a long time back you mentioned Thomas Davis, more than once. 2015 and still playing football with the "youngsters".

At some point, would like to see TD involved with Pruitt/Rocker and Company, or whom ever is in Athens at that point.

Thomas comes back to campus more than many players do, speaks volumes to me. Going to be one heck of a coach when he decides to give the NFL up. Multiple operations on knees and other body parts, watched him in the playoffs, SAME TD.

And then . . . . Greg Blue. This is what I believe our defensive coaches are going to bring back to playing football between the Hedges. Yes, I believe that.

Head coach, continue to stay away from the defensive side of the ball. Said that too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #66445 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Start of the week Dawg talk
Yes Buc loved both TD and Blue. Maybe not the best cover guys but they would take your head off. Would be a great thing to have TD on staff.....I'm sure he's gained a ton of knowledge in the league.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 3 months ago #66446 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Start of the week Dawg talk
wlayton, the way both TD and Blue brought the "wood", coverage skills did not have to be as good as some defensive backs. Players such as those two definitely brought the passing percentage down on Saturdays, receivers had this "problem of one-eyeing" the ball.

Realizing that the tackling area has changed since their time in the SEC, but a good "form tackle" can also make receivers "one eye the football". :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 3 months ago #66453 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Start of the week Dawg talk
When they hit a WR coming over the middle, they remember... :ohmy: ;)

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 3 months ago #66463 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Start of the week Dawg talk
It can make for alligator arms Buc, but we can't just ignore the fact that had it happened this season, Blue would have been thrown out of that game for targeting.

Absolutely no doubt at all about that whatsoever...

15 yards, and goodbye for the rest of the game on hits like that now days.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66465 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Start of the week Dawg talk
IMHO I don't believe Richt wants to really bother CJP but now BS they might discuss things.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds