Forum

Charleston Southern should be no problem

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64754 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Charleston Southern should be no problem
NC has a great chance to do what he came to UGA to do, and I feel he should be afforded the opportunity to do so. He should be allowed to take up where TG left off, since he did so when he was asked to, now it's his time to reap the rewards.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64755 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Charleston Southern should be no problem
Don't want him hurt against Charlston So. though. Need him for GT and possibly Atlanta.

Guess I'm a little paranoid.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64756 by Buc

Wartdawg wrote: BUC it appears we recruited FB just to keep him from going to one of our rivals, and never ever planned on giving him a fair shot at the job.

I thought St. Richt was supposed to be above such underhanded things and would leave those tactics to all the other heathen SEC coaches, but I guess not.

Hell...playing him for one play was probably even a calculated move to kill one year of eligibility when he inevitably transfers.

Wartdawg, have been back and forth with a lot of moves in Athens for a long time.

Somehow, Faton Bauta fell off of the planet. Had a Spring Game that many of the talking heads and others felt was better than Ramsey, or anyone else.

Anyone that believes that "football politics" has not been played in Athens for quite some time, I have to move past that thought and know "favorites" are played in Athens.

Not for a minute do I think that Ramsey is not capable, he is. My problem with that is knowing Mike Bobo who played in a certain type offense, hired by a coach that did the same, and it appears that the two remain joined at the hip in their thoughts.

There are x number of snaps in any college program throughout practice, and I know for a fact when Fall practice started, Faton Bauta was on the back burner, that is after out performing Ramsey in the Spring.

We defeated Auburn, now the "Group" in Athens is all smiley faced again. This insures x number of years that we retain our head coach. Anyone believe that the "Group" wants to admit that Pruitt/Rocker and Company had something to do with where we are at this point? They are concerned with one thing primarily, somehow Mark Richt remains as the front man.

Same thing is going to happen to Pruitt in my opinion. Meaning, regardless of how well he does, much like Faton Bauta, the upper echelon of those that control our program are content with what they see.

Think about this, and I am willing to post a couple of articles for those that doubt this . . . . If listening to Mark Richt with his pressers, one would think that "he" had stayed up until 4 a.m. in the morning prior to the Auburn game figuring out how to please the "butts in the seats". Mark Richt has several that are carrying his water for him, one for example McClendon. Soon there will be offers for Jeremy Pruitt, then we will need someone again like Will Friend to bail Mark Richt's butt out again. Yes, Will Friend bailed Mark Richt out.

Mark Richt did not get cut from the NFL or remain on the second or third string at Miami in college for a lack of talent . . . . physically . . . . he did not have the "gray matter" needed to be number one at Miami or the NFL. Anyone seen the same problems with his "gray matter" in the past 13.5 years in Athens?

Here we are again loaded with talent, and we are hoping that Missouri falters. Someone has to explain to me why we are in this situation . . . . again, and it will not be the last time.

DWS, A. J. Turman is one heck of a back. He had the misfortune of a couple of young men that came in and proved to be all that, plus he had the injury. Don't really know what the outcome will be, but if I had to guess, and that is what I am doing . . . . Turman will follow in the same tracks as Douglas is doing right now.

Mentioned at the beginning of the 2014 Season that I was not, and will not get on the "Mark Richt wagon" again. I know what I see. He is a "front man" that gets just enough wins out of extraordinary talent every year (most every year) to hold down a 4 million dollar a year position. Not to be fooled by losing to the gators in JAX and then winning in Athens against Auburn.

Mark Richt is not a defensive coach, nor is he a kicking coach, and the list is longer than those two items. One of which happens to be a Special Teams coach, should I go further?

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64757 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Charleston Southern should be no problem

Dawg With Style wrote: Buc I got a question for you what's the word on Thurman we don't pick up another running back we could really use him next year.

Thanks for the info

Sorry to butt in but thought I would ask my contact if he knew anything. Here's his response DWS....

"I know that he has been hurt pretty much the entire time that he has been in Athens. That’s about all I know. He is never really discussed as an option for this year."

Guess not much to report....believe his injury has been a big toe (surgery maybe?)

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64758 by Buc
Probably a lot of folks have read this article, for those that haven't . . . .

espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/93776/geo...e-maturation-showing

Edit . . . .

Plucked this paragraph from the ESPN article, might be some others out there in the internet world see some other things worth discussing.

Marshall walked away with only 153 total yards and zero touchdowns, while the Bulldogs strutted away with arguably their best defensive showing of the season. Richt described the play of his defense as "up and down" this season, but the constant has been that it's improved in some way just about every week.

Think maybe he would also refer to the offensive play . . . .

Wonder if Richt thinks that Pruitt's defense had anything to do with us putting points on the board?

Am I wrong when I read the paragraph above and it seems to me that the head coach is pointing to the other side of the ball, the side that he does not have a clue about when game time comes around.

I know that there are some on this board and others that hate this kind of posting. I say to those folks, look back over the 13.5 years and what can be said that disproves what I am saying.

Loved the win over Auburn, hated the loss to the gators (maybe more than some) and I see the same thing happening right before my eyes that I have watched since our head coach came on board. The head coach often gets "confused" or uses the wrong words to describe what happened on the field in his pressers.

Takes me to this . . . . Did not take Jeremy Foley long to stop the "madness" in Gainesville, Florida. While the President of the University of Florida had glowing words for Muschamp, he knows that the folks in the Sunshine State are not and have not been on board with the hiring of Will Muschamp from the get go. Have said more than once over the years on this board, Foley does not play, he knows that what happened with his last hiring (Will Muschamp) has the State of Florida in an uproar. Difference in how football is handled in Florida versus being handled in Athens, there is no "Group", the "Group" is Foley, period, and he had better get it right this time around. He knows that.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64759 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Charleston Southern should be no problem
wlayton my friend you were not butting end thank you for the info two.

just for fun will Georgia score over 60 points!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds