Forum

Charleston Southern should be no problem

9 years 4 months ago #64775 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Charleston Southern should be no problem
That is where I would like to see proof that the mindset of this team has changed. Go take care of business. Bury a weak opponent early and then keep them in the ground.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #64776 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Charleston Southern should be no problem
That's been a fault with UGA for the last 14 years. Only one way to stop it, a different mindset starting now. We'll see, but I doubt it

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #64777 by Buc
growl and rockdawg, crossed fingers that what you two said happens.

growl said . . . . UGA's tendency to play down to their competition. That sometimes leads to injuries. Agree, full speed, then as others are saying, let's see what we have on the sideline wearing "issued numbers on their UGA jerseys."
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
9 years 4 months ago #64784 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Charleston Southern should be no problem
Since the advent and deployment of the 4 team play-off, style points and strength of schedule are very much a factor in determining the "final four"! That being said, I believe there is; at least I hope there is, an understanding within our program that the status quo no longer fits. Guess we will see on Saturday, but suffice to say, we need to beat the ever loving dawg shite out of CS, the Bugz and whomever we will meet in the SECC, for even an remote opportunity to advance.

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #64787 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Charleston Southern should be no problem
NC_Dawg is right. Style points now count, as does S.O.S.

To that end, we DO have some things in our favor.

1. So far, of the current Top 25 teams, as ranked by the Selection Committee, we have not just defeated, but BLOWN OUT 3 of them. Few teams, if any, can say that.

2. The win over CSU must be, unfortunately, humiliating for CSU. If they hang for very long, i.e. that Buffalo game a few years ago, that will be bad.

3. We must crush the Jackets, of course. But playoffs need not even enter that equation. Crushing them, their hopes, and their dreams is mandatory either way.

4. I'm not going to say "Go Vols". Instead, Go Mizzou - and die in Knoxville.

5. As long as number 4. above happens, or if they (Missouri) lose to Arkansas, which I think is even more likely, then from this Saturday forward must be at all costs. Nothing held back in a single game. Win and LOOK AWESOME DOING IT.

From here out, taking a foot off the accelerator DESERVES the "L" that WILL result. And a note to the receivers - you can NEVER drop passes like against Abuurn. I gained a LOT more confidence in HM in that Abuurn game. With only a couple of exceptions, he showed a very good arm, capable of winning games put on his back. But if the ball hits the receiver, it can't then hit the ground. (My grasp of the obvious is amazing, I know.)

And finally - Buc has said it forever, and he's always right - we will live or die by the OL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 4 months ago #64788 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Charleston Southern should be no problem
I think the mindset changed prior to the Auburn game. It appears they got their mojo working. It might need tweaking for each opponent for sure, but it appears to be working to this dawg.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Dawg With Style

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds