Forum

From Athens - Game Day Friday #10

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64625 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #10

yankeedawg1 wrote:
Fair and balanced ….. Seems that CMB get more verbiage about coaching not to lose….then when…he/we puts up 61 .. very little said.

Did any other team that played KYU score more points than we did this season? No…. MSU scored 16 less points and gave up the same 31 in their win…

You don't get praised for doing what you are supposed to do, but you do get chided when you don't.
Plus it's pretty easy to win big when you can just hand it off and go 13 carries for 170 yards, and you get two ST scores. ;)

No one has ever said our coaching staff can't do anything.. It's just they are inconsistent and prone to wetting the bed about the time you think they get it all figured out.

No knock on your wise and welcome words, but I'm off the roller coaster. I'm not going to dog them one week and then be back to praising them the next. When we get up big quickly then Bobo is great... there's no pressure.

When you find out if someone has really got it... it's not when they are blowing someone out.. it's when it's close and tight.

ogredawg wrote: pretty hard for Bobo to go into "not to lose" mode against Kentucky. Now if we would of been up say by 7 points in the 4th quarter I can guarandamntee you we would of went into "play not to lose mode". That is the way it is with an inconsistent coach anyhoo...

This ^

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64626 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #10
Great post YD1.

Lot to agree with there. Big game ... let's do this. Best way to keep warm will be to keep our horses running!
Can't wait.

Go Dawgs! GATA!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #64627 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #10

ogredawg wrote: pretty hard for Bobo to go into "not to lose" mode against Kentucky. Now if we would of been up say by 7 points in the 4th quarter I can guarandamntee you we would of went into "play not to lose mode". That is the way it is with an inconsistent coach anyhoo...

There is a lot of "history" behind the above post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64628 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #10

Wartdawg wrote: When you find out if someone has really got it... it's not when they are blowing someone out.. it's when it's close and tight.

Like tomorrow will be. One of the beauties of sports is that you get lots of chances to redeem yourself. Would like to see 1) more good ST, 2) smart play calling, 3) no dumb penalties and 4) GOOD CLOCK MANAGEMENT!!!

Go 'dawgs. :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64629 by Buc

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

Wartdawg wrote: When you find out if someone has really got it... it's not when they are blowing someone out.. it's when it's close and tight.

Like tomorrow will be. One of the beauties of sports is that you get lots of chances to redeem yourself. Would like to see 1) more good ST, 2) smart play calling, 3) no dumb penalties and 4) GOOD CLOCK MANAGEMENT!!!

Go 'dawgs. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Count me in for all (4) of your above post listings dawgs_fans_dad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #64632 by Buc
Appears to me that we get a "second or third chance" with Auburn.

South Carolina, gators, both beat us. Looking past what could have or "should have" happened, we got L's for both of those games.

Have said this before, will repeat. If we cannot get up for the likes of Auburn after losing to the two mentioned above, somebody has to explain to me why we can't win against teams that we are favored to win.

Game between Auburn and Georgia this time around, both sides have different "+'s" and "-'s", comes down to who is ready to take away the "+'s" from the other side.

Pretty simple when looked at, film study has been going on for years, those that understand what they are looking at usually end up with a "W". Halftime adjustments, not just a "figure of speech" or "coach speak", it is vital.

ogredawg knows of what he speaks. Spurrier has been a pain in our butt for years, but it is not luck, it is understanding "how" to change things for better results. Coaches have tendencies, of which ogredawg mentioned in his post. Sound coaching demands that there is either "change" or all things remain the same. Quite frankly, Gus Malzahn has "my attention". He understand the principles behind winning and losing. What is his formula some ask . . . . coach'em up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds