Forum

From Athens - Game Day Friday #10

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64633 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #10
A newly posted article at 1p.m.

Anyone believe that there is not a lot of "one up manship going on"?

Everybody back, as Wartdawg takes the time to say . . . . No excuses.

Cold footballs can be a problem, believe it is going to be a bit "drafty" tomorrow night. Football gets harder in cold weather, not telling many of you anything. One thing that I do like when discussing a "cold football" . . . . Hutson Mason throws a "soft pass". I said that. Let'er Rip Hutson, everyone in the business of "chirping" about college football in 2014 understands we have running backs. We should not be "shy" about running or throwing. Believe the advantage is ours. Said the same thing about the game in JAX, still getting that one shoved up where Sun does not shine down this way.

www.redandblack.com/sports/hutson-mason-...97-3b10bf5434ad.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64634 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #10
Buc, I'm probably wrong about this but I'm concerned with HM playing in cold weather throwing the ball. I was at the Gator Bowl and watched HM throwing the ball in the rain in Jan, the "way" he was throwing it made me think he has small hands. In the rain it appeared as if he was almost pushing the ball instead of throwing it.

As you said, in the cold the ball gets hard and the surface a little slippery. Yd1 said it was going to be pretty cold and at night.....I'm concerned he may have no velocity trying to get the ball to our WR's.

Hope I'm wrong but believe he has small hands....concerns me a little.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64635 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #10

wlayton wrote: Buc, I'm probably wrong about this but I'm concerned with HM playing in cold weather throwing the ball. I was at the Gator Bowl and watched HM throwing the ball in the rain in Jan, the "way" he was throwing it made me think he has small hands. In the rain it appeared as if he was almost pushing the ball instead of throwing it.

As you said, in the cold the ball gets hard and the surface a little slippery. Yd1 said it was going to be pretty cold and at night.....I'm concerned he may have no velocity trying to get the ball to our WR's.

Exactly right...HM's "mechanics" still need a lot of work. It really did concern me when before the season started that it was said HM still needed work on his "footwork". 5th year Senior and it seems that very little attention was paid to him about his "style" and "mechanics" until he was actually the starting QB. If it was me Ramsey would be starting at QB against Aubuurn and we would really be airing it out along with ALOT #3, #27, #1 mixed in...that I think is the only way to beat them...I really do not have the confidence that HM has what it takes to lead this team back that could very well be down 17-20 points after the 1st quarter...you can bet Marshall is going to come in to Sanford Stadium STOKED and READY to play...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64636 by Buc

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: Buc, I'm probably wrong about this but I'm concerned with HM playing in cold weather throwing the ball. I was at the Gator Bowl and watched HM throwing the ball in the rain in Jan, the "way" he was throwing it made me think he has small hands. In the rain it appeared as if he was almost pushing the ball instead of throwing it.

Exactly right...HM's "mechanics" still need a lot of work. It really did concern me when before the season started that it was said HM still needed work on his "footwork". 5th year Senior and it seems that very little attention was paid to him about his "style" and "mechanics" until he was actually the starting QB. If it was me Ramsey would be starting at QB against Aubuurn and we would really be airing it out along with ALOT #3, #27, #1 mixed in...that I think is the only way to beat them...I really do not have the confidence that HM has what it takes to lead this team back that could very well be down 17-20 points after the 1st quarter...you can bet Marshall is going to come in to Sanford Stadium STOKED and READY to play...

ogredawg, your post takes me back to AM leaving campus twice(2) to go Manning in Mississippi and George Whitfield in Oklahoma. Pulling this from the vault. Anyone paying attention and it has been said on this board before . . . . Richt/Bobo did not welcome AM back to Athens with open arms after his trip to Oklahoma. AM knew there was more, but he is a very unusual young man, he is driven. Wish all of our coaches were that way. See some of that from Jeremy Pruitt.

Hutson Mason has not done this (off season camps) for one reason, he understands this is his last performance. That also is not a shot at Hutson, just a simple fact. Whether it is small hands, or whatever, he came behind a "committed" coach on the field.

If our group of running backs, and our offensive line cannot do "some things" then we truly are not coaching our players up. Momentum starts before the first kickoff. I said that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Among the things that Murray told Whitfield that he wanted to improve: his pocket protocol/pocket presence; his touch and becoming more consistent. Once in Norman, Murray realized there was something else that needed tweaking: his upper body rotation in his throwing motion.

In film study on Monday night, Whitfield showed Murray that the QB wasn't really driving through with his left elbow. "I never realized how much my body was fighting it," Murray said. "I just really wasn't coming through. And when he talked to me about it, it made a lot of sense."

To help Murray amp up his mechanics, Whitfield had the QB throwing from his knees to get him using more of his upper body. Murray said he has already noticed that he has been able to create more torque and, therefore, more velocity on his throws.

Whitfield, who has groomed QBs from Ben Roethlisberger to Cam Newton to Johnny Manziel, films his proteges with an iPad and shows them the video after every three reps. In Murray's case, Whitfield would have the Bulldog quarterback throwing from his knees in seemingly random 10-minute intervals. The distance for those throws would be no longer than 20 yards.

"From that position, it forces your upper body to create all the momentum because your hips are neutralized. So it's really gotta come from your opposite arm," said Whitfield, who first got to know Murray while the two were working at the Elite 11 QB camp last summer in Los Angeles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #64637 by Buc
Question.

AM said that he was not "coming through". Is Hutson Mason coming through? Speaking to tossing the football.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64638 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #10
Buc have no idea but all I want to see tom. night is TG-3 and some more TG-3 then Chubb an Sony make Assburn stop the run. ;)

Best way to manage the clock Gurley will be out to prove he is still the best RB in the country!!! :pinch:

dlvr.it/7WgC8h article about Rocker going up against AB.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds