Forum

How are we going to use Gurley, Chubb

9 years 5 months ago #64535 by growl
Maybe the kind of dilemma all teams would dream of, but how do we get the most from each without under using one or the other? Personally think both have a different set of plays that can be utilized. How about you folks?

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64537 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic How are we going to use Gurley, Chubb
I am a tool guy, yes you can use a butter knife as a screwdriver. Yup done that.

However nothing sweeter than opening a drawer of your tool chest a picking up exactly the 12mm deep well socket that you

Know well get the job done....as you said we have RB's will different skill sets come the second half and into the

4th quarter we are fresh.....ground and pound our OL is rolling....control the clock. They all will get their touches

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, ogredawg, growl

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64538 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic How are we going to use Gurley, Chubb

growl wrote: Maybe the kind of dilemma all teams would dream of, but how do we get the most from each without under using one or the other? Personally think both have a different set of plays that can be utilized. How about you folks?

Like this post a lot growl. After reading your start, went back and looked at a couple of threads/posts.

This is what I think could be done, but after Saturday in Kentucky, convinced that we are going to remain in the pro set. Nothing wrong with that, personnel that have been recruited know that is the way it will be in Athens. That also is not a slap on the way things are being done.

Ramsey did not work in this system in high school, probably has a lot to do with the "learning curve". Ramsey has a gift, first his arm, second he has had time to watch AM and HM which was a gift presented to him, close up I might add. That is a plus.

If most of the young players coming in 2015 know what this offense has to offer, the pro style will suit them big time. Have to believe that Ramsey has figured out that nothing will change between the Hedges. Ramsey is capable of moving in the pocket, comes from his time in high school.

Got away from your question. One thing that we have at running back is simply this in my mind . . . . we have options, you said that when you started this thread. growl, if our offensive line can (and should) make (small cracks) in the Auburn line, game is over. Small cracks favor Sony Michel. Small cracks favor Todd Gurley, he could care less, step up and take the punishment. Small cracks for Nick Chubb, a combination of Michel and Gurley.

Question is thrown back to you from me . . . . what do YOU think? What would you do?

One last thingy . . . . our offensive line on the (right side) can win the battle on their side. Still not satisfied with one offensive lineman on the left side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

More
9 years 5 months ago #64540 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic How are we going to use Gurley, Chubb
All jokes aside Growl I would start Chubb put in Sony and KM-4 then finish with Gurley in Beast mode.

growl hope everything is going good.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64541 by growl
Replied by growl on topic How are we going to use Gurley, Chubb
Glad you asked that Buc, I have been thinking about the possibilities of having these four players healthy at the same time for a good while now, and I really think that we can get the most out of them and keep them fresh if we do certain things such as; use Marshall and Michel in the slots, either right or left while using Chubb or Gurley in the backfield. Marshall or Michel could be used to run a route from the slot or block for Gurley or Chubb, or be used by Mason for short crossing patterns or sideline back shoulder throws. We could actually use any of these backs in any of these positions for toss sweeps or any combination, there are so many possibilities that it is mind boggling, just because of the talent of these four men. I can see Mason having a great game as long as it is kept simple the Assburn line backers could be chasing ghosts all evening. There are many possibities!!!!!! All is great DWS, glad you did'nt get stuck in Mexico.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Dawg With Style

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64543 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic How are we going to use Gurley, Chubb
Use them as before. It seemed to work. Don't really see Marshall playing much if any more this season. Think he will get a medical redshirt some where down the road. Bobo will not use any of the RB's in the slot, with Rumph finally playing he has more depth at WR. If Bobo was to use anyone in the slot it would be McKenzie, that would be the smart thing to do, he needs to see the field more often than just returns...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds