Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #8

9 years 5 months ago #64052 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- GDF #8

thriller wrote: "I think CJP and CTR and his merry band of assistants have a few surprises when they drop the leashes holding our young pups"

Does anyone here miss Todd Grantham? Just askin'.

NO....

I was lololing last night as I watched Winston and crew carve up TG's 2nd half collapse defense to the tune of 35
points via a slew of big plays and missed assignments in the secondary.

Lord knows it looked familiar.

They showed a pretty young gal dressed in her best Louisville red with her head in her hands as the second half
collapse reached it's apex, and all I could think about was putting my arm around her and offering these words
of condolence...

"Grantham happens"

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64053 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- GDF #8
Great post again, Wartdawg.

Right on about 35 of the points on grantham. I mentioned earlier 42 . . . . wishful thinking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
9 years 5 months ago #64054 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- GDF #8
growl where are you? This is JAX week Chief.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64055 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- GDF #8

Buc wrote: growl where are you? This is JAX week Chief.

I was thinking the same thing Buc.

Sadder got the Harley shining going for a ride.

Yankeedawg I hope Georgia gains 7 pounds tomorrow.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64056 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #8
Good post YD. TG cooked his own goose. He has shown he has a yearning for the big bucks. Makes me wonder but, who knows? The Shadow Knows.
That's all I got to say about that.

Edit: I have one more thing. The team has stepped up and is playing like a well oiled machine.
GO DAWGS!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

9 years 5 months ago #64057 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- GDF #8

thriller wrote:
Missouri was supposed to be the end of the road for our whole team. The mighty Maty Mauck was going to carve us up while his defense would put up the Great Wall of China for our offense. That's pretty much the opposite of what happened.

So everyone said, "yeah, but NOW you have to play against the MIGHTY ARKANSAS front seven . . . NOW you are going to get STUFFED, while the MIGHTY Arkansas offensive line HAS IT'S WAY WITH YOUR PUNY LITTLE DEFENSE" . . . not so much.

Now I'm hearing that the IMMOVABLE Florida front seven is the first REAL test for our team this year.

I'm not worried about the opponent.

The only thing that worries me is ourselves.

Buc mentioned the Gayduhs playing with their backs against the walls and all that, but honestly it seems like
teams like SC and UF are always playing like their arses are fire when they play against us. The problem is
I think a couple of our coaches treat these games just like any other and our complacency ends up in an
ambush. Other teams up their game intensity and we buy our own hype thinking hey, we bulldozed Arkansas so all we have to do is rinse lather and repeat and we will be fine.

So the immovable Florida front 7? Meh... I'm more concerned about a complacent 2.

If we show up with the level of intensity and the preparation we should ALWAYS have for this game, then we
will be fine. Man for man... we're just better (if all else is equal). It's up to our coaches to make sure
that all else is equal stuff is taken care of....

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, ogredawg, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds