9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64043 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday #8 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

GDF #8 –game 3 without #3

This question was asked about Gurley:

What would you do if it was you-play or leave for the NFL

Truly difficult for a old fart like me to think like a gifted young athlete

I made the same choice as several others here have stated

Logic says it was about money when you made the choice about signing memorabilia for cash

The payday ahead is a gazillion times bigger so…..take the money and run. Pun intended….. that is what I would do

Risk-Reward makes it simple

However…..it is not me…. and 20 year olds with big insurance policies might do some strange stuff.

There is the gnawing thing for me about the this whole BS project

It is a large leap from $400.00 to $3,000.00 and the truth is I think an even larger sum changed hands.

It was also noted here that the amount move it from a lark to a healthy business venture that had way to many parts to remain a secret

TG was trying to have it both ways

A- ME player

And a -- WE player ……

NCAA never gets to voice anything if TG didn’t make a selfish choice.

Before the Mizzuo game I posted we just get to see v2015 sooner

The quality game experience that #27 is getting will only pay off even sooner. It has already….more to come

We had the opportunity to peek behind the curtain in the fourth quarter of the Clemson game to see NC pound the rock

His work against Mizzou and the Hogs was nothing short of fantastic. Add the fact he is a freshman…..just think when he grows up……wow

Been awhile since anyone spoke about Imac.

I look for him to make plays come Saturday

Sorry we don’t have #3 but we have learned that we are not a one trick dawg.

#22 loves to truck gators…he will

#27 had how many yds against the Hogs? See him breaking longer runs against UF…more yards receiving is also possible

HM can and will make plays via the pass…. Might just be the game that TE’s make a statement?

See opportunities for “D” to cause turnovers

Ball security remains high on our to do list

We have played 2 games without #3

So the our team knows it can play and win without him

HM needs to fire off another pregame talk to the troops

We need to keep our heads down and shovel

All the work and sweat means nothing if we don’t win out

I think CJP and CTR and his merry band of assistants have a few surprises when they drop the leashes holding our young pups

Buc, just a follow up to your comment during the week about how our coaching staff as a group are happy working together.

This a huge plus for all

Trust me the players feed off what is going on with those around them

It is not any different than in business

Harmony in management and a focused operational plan does wonders

We will take care of business

Don’t see us taking time off in the second half this week

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, DAWGtm, Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64044 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- GDF #8
Just win!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64046 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- GDF #8
Looking at the offensive line again. If we have a "stand off" with the gators defensive front, we should have a very good day in JAX.

Not going to be surprised to see us play smash mouth football, seems that is the game plan we have adopted in 2014. Looking at some of the scores, outcomes and where the wins were recorded, hard not to be feeling better about our offensive line as compared to 2013. Often has been said and I am certainly a believer . . . . play starts with the offensive line.

Treon Harris reminds me of Isaiah McKenzie, has a lot of wiggle, plays hard. Have to keep him inside the tackles. Gets outside, reminds me of RG3, not as big or as fast, but that is where he can cause problems for us.

Matt Jones and Kelvin Taylor are two very good backs. Jones runs a lot like Gurley, with a lot of power, have to wrap him up. Taylor is a very good back, has more "shake" than Jones.

Comes down to this for the gators . . . . their offensive line has to step up. The way our defense has been playing, expect to see the same from the gators, as has been the rule thus far this year, serious break downs on the offensive front. Much has and is being said about Driskell losing his job, young man never had a chance this year, rest of the offensive team was pitiful. Hoping for the same Saturday in JAX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64047 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- GDF #8
Buc, you have ALWAYS been a proponent of the Offensive Line theory of football, and this year has proven you correct.

TG is a phenomenal RB. There is not a doubt about that, except for a few ostriches with their heads buried deep. Bottom line is, he has talent. But what would happen if even ONE of his offensive linemen decided "I think I'll just quit blocking for today"? His rushing yards for the day would in the negative, that's what.

This year our "big uglies" (and that's a compliment to the big uglies) have flat out gotten the job done. They have gone up against EXCELLENT front sevens. Climpsn was supposed to completely shut down our passing game. They did okay at that, but someone must have forgotten to tell them about the rule that allows offenses to CARRY the football on the GROUND. They quit in the second half.

Missouri was supposed to be the end of the road for our whole team. The mighty Maty Mauck was going to carve us up while his defense would put up the Great Wall of China for our offense. That's pretty much the opposite of what happened.

So everyone said, "yeah, but NOW you have to play against the MIGHTY ARKANSAS front seven . . . NOW you are going to get STUFFED, while the MIGHTY Arkansas offensive line HAS IT'S WAY WITH YOUR PUNY LITTLE DEFENSE" . . . not so much.

(Someone is saying, "you skipped Tennessee". That's because I skipped Troy and Vanderbilt too. Because they did not even represent a legitimate threat to our O-Line - the only reason that game was "close" was a couple of CHEAP, CHEAP touchdowns we gave up with our D, which has since figured out how to stop that nonsense, the second half relaxation-fest against Arkansas notwithstanding.)

Now I'm hearing that the IMMOVABLE Florida front seven is the first REAL test for our team this year.

Bottom line is the O-Line. They simply blow holes in the biggest, baddest defensive fronts in college football. The theory is a simple one, but effective - pit our big nasties (also a compliment) against THEIR big nasties and see who wins.

I say WE win this one.

Edit: yd1 - fantastic GDF as always, sir . . . you are a DGD!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 5 months ago #64048 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- GDF #8
"I think CJP and CTR and his merry band of assistants have a few surprises when they drop the leashes holding our young pups"

Does anyone here miss Todd Grantham? Just askin'.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64049 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- GDF #8
Some of the guessing down this way is the gators using variations of the way Auburn lines up on offense. Personally, it can't hurt, but you don't install a new offense for the JAX game when going up against the way Pruitt/Rocker and Company have the Red and Black performing at this point. For sure there will be some new "wrinkles", but that happens just about every year in JAX.

I am committed to this, protect the edges, make Treon Harris throw the football from the pocket. He actually throws with good accuracy when rolling out. That is where our front seven I am sure have been schooled by our defensive coaches. Treon is going to see a lot of things that he has never played against on the football field. That is why our defensive coaches make the dollars that they do. I play the "guessing game", Pruitt/Rocker and Company are grounded in what they will do, not a lot of "guessing" in the weeks of preparation prior to JAX.

thriller, will be "counting" the number of runs to the right and the left side of the offensive line against the gators. Actually do that every game. I lean more to the "right side", but Kublanow has in my opinion, arrived on the left side and that really complicates those watching film prior to playing us. More and more this offensive line is showing more "balance" than those that preceded them.

Dawg With Style said it . . . . "Just win"!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds