Forum

From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2

9 years 6 months ago #63854 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2
GURLEY he will run with authority and attitude then CHUBB can help drive it home!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63857 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2
Let's get him reinstated first.

Said before....don't trust the NCAA especially when it comes to UGA.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63858 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2

Dawg With Style wrote: GURLEY he will run with authority and attitude then CHUBB can help drive it home!!!

DWS, with our offensive line playing as it is, Hutson Mason could take another step up the ladder to SEC football recognition with the talent that surrounds him. As TN Dawg said earlier, what college football team would not like to have our problem of who starts. Guarantee anyone that neither Gurley or Chubb are even discussing this. Media likes it. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago #63863 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2

wlayton wrote: Let's get him reinstated first.

Said before....don't trust the NCAA especially when it comes to UGA.

THAT ^^^^^

People are making a lot of assumptions that he is back, and he isn't yet.

As far as who starts... probably not a popular opinion, but I'm starting Chubb the first game.

Having Gurley back is enough... who "starts" isn't important other than me wanting to make a statement
that Chubb did nothing to lose his current starters role whereas Gurley did do something to cause this
situation... and his "doing something" put the entire program at risk.

For symbolic reasons, Chubb starts and Gurley earns back that honor. Even if Gurley plays the
most and gets the most carries, Chubb starts at least that first game back.

If Gurley wins the Heisman, that's great... but as a coach I do what's best for the team.. not a player's chance for an individual post season award.

Popular opinion or not, that's what I do. I wouldn't coach trying to win a popular opinion award anyway.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63865 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2
A coach does what is best for his team and players. #3 starting is best for the team and #3 winning the Heisman is best for him AND the team. Granted it is a popularity award but over the last 15 years or so the BEST player has won the award and #3 is the best even not playing for 2 games...and UGA would not have asked for him to be reinstated if they were not confident that he would be...after all CMR is a "saint" in the eyes of the NCAA JMHO

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 6 months ago #63867 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2
Sorry, but I disagree completely that #3 starting is best for the team.

Note that I didn't say I didn't want him on the field and I didn't even mind if he saw the majority of
the carries.

The starting gesture is symbolic, and it's symbolic to all the players on the team that obey the rules
and don't so something really stupid that jeopardizes the entire program.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds