Forum

From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63835 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Bye Week Friday #2

It would be a good time to haul out all the flotsam that has been building up that might foul a prop.

Welcome back Thriller………..

Past two weeks we have seen a great deal of the Erk’s
little me and…. BIG TEAM from our young pups, a very good thing

Speaking with one of my local roosters and he flat out believes that CJP got the hell out of Dodge before the current Sh*t storm hit. CJP was inside the apple and knew just how big the rotten spot was. His words were we haven’t seen the worst yet.

IMHO -CJP has had Georgia on his mind since leaving Bama. He knew that he would never get the DC job there and he wanted back into the SEC. The fact that CWF was here and knew the lay of the land just was an added sweetener to the deal.

He also was aware that CMR was not going to put the program and university at risk by turning and looking the other way when it came to the rules and doing the right thing.

Speaking of CWF. Just like AM …Buc you had locked in early and correctly that he was going to get our OL turned around.

And he has, the future is even brighter with his incoming recruits. Depth…..fresh bodies to beat on the opponents “D” Love it.....

I see a pattern yes….. a workable plan with our coaches on both sides of the ball that is developing :

Recruit

Teach

Play

Practice -Teach and improve

Play

Practice-Teach some more and improve some more

Go back and start the process over

We can never have too much talent

No fear…if you are good enough you will play and play very early on..we play talent and not coaches pets

I know there are several detractors of CMB

Just damn glad he is not coaching and recruiting against us.

Go back and listen to what AM had to say about CMB, yes he did go off to QB camps however he acknowledges learning much from CMB…. Again glad he is ours to dislike

And…. Yes he has done some stoopid things(calls)… but… can we ever be sure that the Godfather was not in his ear.

However after the BFU at the end of the USC game CMR said if he had to do over he would have run TG

This would seem to favor the thinking that CMB was the sole author of that mess. CMR quickly then voiced support of his OC

Just a little sidebar about the Qman and onside kicks

He has covered two for us. Our ST Coaches are drilling fundamentals. I like it a lot !!!

Thiller --- how about some smoked hedges with the gator tail next week?

Much has passed under the bridge since “Sandstorm” and Colaeast.

Much of it to our pleasant surprise has been outstandingly good. Sense the possibility of more to come…….

No time to get giddy…keep working hard and don’t overlook anyone we play….they all want one thing… beat us...while we are a ranked team !!

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63836 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2
Great post.

I'll get a little giddy because it drives/drove me crazy watching all that talent and bad special teams. Seeing that turn around, at least so far, makes me happy. You guys were all over that in the preseason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63837 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2
One quick reply dawgs_fans_dad . . . . you know this, however it never hurts to be repeated. The name "Special Teams" is tagged with that label because they are Special. Can remember when no one wanted to play on the Special Teams, Pruitt has changed that. Young men understand that playing time comes with "Special Teams" effort.

Much more to comment about in this thread, will be back. :)

More
9 years 6 months ago #63838 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2
YankeeDawg1,

Happy bye week Friday to you! Just wanted to say that I always enjoy your Friday post & appreciate you sharing your thoughts here...I find your posts to be uplifting & a real pleasure to read.

CWF & our O-Line are the single biggest bright spot to me thus far for 2014 UGA football followed closely by CME & his influence on Special Teams.

Have a great weekend Dawg fans!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago #63839 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2
Very easy to be "giddy'" going into the off week with the TEAM performance against Missou and Arky.

That team we love to hate from the south lurks in the near future. And you know they are thinking a major upset in Jax. You also know what they say about an injured animal. Not gonna happen, looking good for TG ll return. One word about that ... would still start NC because he as earned it. Good thing to be able to rest NC when needed with TG ll.

Muschump all but done. Let's go ahead and but him out of his misery.

But, going to enjoy the weekend and worry about that next week. Enjoy your off week all. Players PLEASE don't do anything stupid.

Go Dawgs! GATA!

More
9 years 6 months ago #63840 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Bye Week Friday # 2
We've all seen a lot of positives, but I find myself not quite as giddy as others.

I am not trying to rain on any parades, but I've gotten giddy before only to be kicked in the
jimmies by Richt's teams.

Things look nice now....but one at a time. We still have to play some teams with lots of talent
on them that would love to make their seasons by taking down ours.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds