Forum

What Does It Take?

9 years 7 months ago #62755 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic What Does It Take?
I was yelling at the TV "where in the hell is man coverage" mid way thru the 1st qtr.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62757 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Does It Take?
They didn't seem to be generating any pressure, and I wondered if that was the reason
Pruitt was reluctant to call man coverage.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62758 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic What Does It Take?

Wartdawg wrote: They didn't seem to be generating any pressure, and I wondered if that was the reason
Pruitt was reluctant to call man coverage.

Great point wartdawg, that could have very well been the case.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62769 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Does It Take?
Thanks,

on another note...

The problem with evaluating coordinators is we really don't know exactly what they control and what they don't.

We can look at Pruitt and say he should have dialed up more blitzes and generated some
pressure so we could go man, but we have no idea what went on in preparation for this game.

For all we know, at the beginning of the prior week MR could have sat down with his coordinators to build a game plan, and he might have said that he didn't want to have a lot of blitz packages in because he was concerned about SC's ability to pick it up and then carve us up. We just don't ever know what took place in preparation for the game and what is taking place on those headphones during the game.

We're at the point now where we've burned through D coordinators and personnel on both sides f the ball while getting the same results so often you have to look at the only remaining common denominator through all of it....

and that one common denominator is Mark Richt.

Even if the scenario above is totally out of line, he is the HC and the man ultimately responsible. He has the authority and responsibility to go tell his DC to dial up some blitzes and go man coverage if that was the problem.

I've just had it with him.... we can't even seem to make it to game 3 in any year before our season is screwed up. The man has had great players all around him, and I have absolutely no doubt that a better head coach should have, could have, and probably would have won 3 NC's with the talent UGA has had during his tenure.

I didn't expect a NC this year, but I also hoped and prayed I wouldn't see more of the same that I've seen in past years... losing a game we should have won based on overall talent. We could have traded coaches and given SS our team and let MR coach SC.. I have no doubt
Spurrier would have still won, lol

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62771 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic What Does It Take?

Wartdawg wrote: Thanks,

on another note...

The problem with evaluating coordinators is we really don't know exactly what they control and what they don't.

We can look at Pruitt and say he should have dialed up more blitzes and generated some
pressure so we could go man, but we have no idea what went on in preparation for this game.

For all we know, at the beginning of the prior week MR could have sat down with his coordinators to build a game plan, and he might have said that he didn't want to have a lot of blitz packages in because he was concerned about SC's ability to pick it up and then carve us up. We just don't ever know what took place in preparation for the game and what is taking place on those headphones during the game.

We're at the point now where we've burned through D coordinators and personnel on both sides f the ball while getting the same results so often you have to look at the only remaining common denominator through all of it....

and that one common denominator is Mark Richt.

Even if the scenario above is totally out of line, he is the HC and the man ultimately responsible. He has the authority and responsibility to go tell his DC to dial up some blitzes and go man coverage if that was the problem.

I've just had it with him.... we can't even seem to make it to game 3 in any year before our season is screwed up. The man has had great players all around him, and I have absolutely no doubt that a better head coach should have, could have, and probably would have won 3 NC's with the talent UGA has had during his tenure.

I didn't expect a NC this year, but I also hoped and prayed I wouldn't see more of the same that I've seen in past years... losing a game we should have won based on overall talent. We could have traded coaches and given SS our team and let MR coach SC.. I have no doubt
Spurrier would have still won, lol

I concur with every statement you made!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg

More
9 years 7 months ago #62772 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Does It Take?
kentdaddy . . . . :whistle:

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds