Forum

What Does It Take?

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62752 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic What Does It Take?

Buc wrote: Spurrier got us again. Not a new thingy.

Now it is time to find out "if" Mark Richt, head coach, has this figured out. Think this is a shot at Mark Richt? Could be. Way I see it is something like this . . . . it is Mark Richt's time to show us (you and me) what "recovery" means.

Mark Richt, head coach said that his coaches are not at fault, not to be blamed for what happened in South Carolina, things went their (Spurrier's) way.

OK, we move on and accept what our "Top" says. Here is hoping that he is not as "behind" the eight ball as I think he is. Have tried three times to get on board with Mark Richt, he however seems to "coach in cycles".

Is South Carolina the only game we lose this season? Are there any comments to that question? Who with lesser talent beats us this season? South Carolina and Spurrier are finished. If any of us look at the (stars) those looking for clicks because their livelihood depends on it can come forward and say that "our talent" is not producing . . . . my question is this . . . . why?

Buc, you said SO MUCH in so little in this statement!!! I'm to the point right now where I don't even know what the heck CMR even does as a HC on game day. I don't see him as a very good game manager, he never looks to be fired up on the sideline, I can only imagine he is NOT doing any motivational speaks at halftime in the locker room. All I can say for a fact at this point is that he is a very good recruiter and that's honestly all I see, correct me if I'm wrong please. He does coach in cycles and those good cycles are getting farther and farther apart here lately.

What really scares me at this point is that I think Gurley is losing faith in our team in general. He has brought it in both games and if the team doesn't show him that they can play with the big boys then we may see less production out of him as the season goes on. I don't think Gurley would ever quit on his team, that's not what I'm saying here at all. But lets think outside the box of UGA football and look at his BIG picture for a minute. We all know and so does Gurley that even if he never had another 100 yard game or scored another TD this season that next year he is going to be a top 10 pick. At some point it may creep into his head to play to not get hurt (ACL) if he see's no shot at making it to the playoff's. If I'm CMR that right there would be in the back of my membrane and at the least I would coach my team up to make sure we never get to that point this season, because we all know that where Gurley goes this years team goes!

My last paragraph was a summary to my answer on whether or not we run the table this year. The DAWG fan in me and the competitor in me will never ever think we will lose a game, I just don't think like that at all! BUT if our team and it this point mainly our D, if they don't step up and start making statements then we may lose some production out of the best RB in the Nation. That's just my opinion and I could be way off on Gurley but things like that do happen as we all know. Now with that being said I do firmly believe we have a talented enough team to make a run at the SEC ship, we still have a lot of improvements to make before I'm going to say we are playoff team. But the talent is there and I do believe if we can get past Missouri then I think the confidence and chemistry will come together and then we could possibly become a team to look out for. I will keep believing in Pruitt and company no matter how limited we maybe with talent in the secondary. I've played sports my entire life and I know what really good coaches can do with lesser talent, only time will tell if Pruitt can do just that. After watching HS film of Parrish, reading the hype on Fetneng and watching film on him and witnessing last season how JJ Green brings it when his number is called I can only think that these three guys are going to benefit greatly when they are on the field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62754 by sflanagan21

wlayton wrote:

sflanagan21 wrote: Pruitt pretty much admitted that he called a bad game against SC. His game plan in the second half of the Clemson game was perfect and I'm sure we will see more man to man coverage and blitzing from here out. I'm sure I wasn't the only one screaming at the TV on Sat to go into man to man coverage. I think the plan was to see if DT could air it out and beat us and he did just that. It's pretty obvious that our front 7 is going to have to play at another level, they have to bring it and put more pressure on the QB to alleviate some pressure off of our secondary.

wlayton, I think if it wasn't raining then SS would have thrown it a lot of more in the second half and the score could have been really lopsided! I for one was very thankful that it started raining because our D had no answer for the short or deep post and it would have been just a matter of time before DT beat us deep for a big one. SS would have hung 80 on us if he could...

Spot om imo....I, too was yelling to go man to man. It certainly wouldn't have been any worse....at least the guys wouldn't have gotten confused. Sandlot ball works sometimes.

Your statement is even more spot on wlayton! If your secondary is playing that soft of a zone coverage then you are way better off rotating fresh legs in and playing man!

More
9 years 7 months ago #62755 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic What Does It Take?
I was yelling at the TV "where in the hell is man coverage" mid way thru the 1st qtr.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62757 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Does It Take?
They didn't seem to be generating any pressure, and I wondered if that was the reason
Pruitt was reluctant to call man coverage.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62758 by sflanagan21

Wartdawg wrote: They didn't seem to be generating any pressure, and I wondered if that was the reason
Pruitt was reluctant to call man coverage.

Great point wartdawg, that could have very well been the case.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62769 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Does It Take?
Thanks,

on another note...

The problem with evaluating coordinators is we really don't know exactly what they control and what they don't.

We can look at Pruitt and say he should have dialed up more blitzes and generated some
pressure so we could go man, but we have no idea what went on in preparation for this game.

For all we know, at the beginning of the prior week MR could have sat down with his coordinators to build a game plan, and he might have said that he didn't want to have a lot of blitz packages in because he was concerned about SC's ability to pick it up and then carve us up. We just don't ever know what took place in preparation for the game and what is taking place on those headphones during the game.

We're at the point now where we've burned through D coordinators and personnel on both sides f the ball while getting the same results so often you have to look at the only remaining common denominator through all of it....

and that one common denominator is Mark Richt.

Even if the scenario above is totally out of line, he is the HC and the man ultimately responsible. He has the authority and responsibility to go tell his DC to dial up some blitzes and go man coverage if that was the problem.

I've just had it with him.... we can't even seem to make it to game 3 in any year before our season is screwed up. The man has had great players all around him, and I have absolutely no doubt that a better head coach should have, could have, and probably would have won 3 NC's with the talent UGA has had during his tenure.

I didn't expect a NC this year, but I also hoped and prayed I wouldn't see more of the same that I've seen in past years... losing a game we should have won based on overall talent. We could have traded coaches and given SS our team and let MR coach SC.. I have no doubt
Spurrier would have still won, lol

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds