Forum

What Does It Take?

9 years 7 months ago #62736 by Buc
What Does It Take? was created by Buc
Spurrier got us again. Not a new thingy.

Now it is time to find out "if" Mark Richt, head coach, has this figured out. Think this is a shot at Mark Richt? Could be. Way I see it is something like this . . . . it is Mark Richt's time to show us (you and me) what "recovery" means.

Mark Richt, head coach said that his coaches are not at fault, not to be blamed for what happened in South Carolina, things went their (Spurrier's) way.

OK, we move on and accept what our "Top" says. Here is hoping that he is not as "behind" the eight ball as I think he is. Have tried three times to get on board with Mark Richt, he however seems to "coach in cycles".

Is South Carolina the only game we lose this season? Are there any comments to that question? Who with lesser talent beats us this season? South Carolina and Spurrier are finished. If any of us look at the (stars) those looking for clicks because their livelihood depends on it can come forward and say that "our talent" is not producing . . . . my question is this . . . . why?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62746 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic What Does It Take?
Why? Here's my redundant answer. Simple for me at least......

There isn't any talent in our D secondary.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago #62747 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Does It Take?
wlayton, also believe I have read that Jeremy Pruitt without saying that, is saying that. That was shown by his actions in the South Carolina game.

One thing that Pruitt said repeatedly prior to game one against Clemson . . . . going to play a lot of young men. This is what he had to say since the South Carolina loss . . . . One major regret Pruitt had was of the lack of subbing in the secondary. The plan was to sub at the same level they did against Clemson, but they got away from doing so.

Says to me that when live bullets are being fired, coaches tend to operate differently.

Sincerely hope that we take a long hard look at the South Carolina game and bring the young pups along, they have to be taught.

Pruitt also said this . . . . "He (Spurrier) knows when he gets a look what he wants to do with the ball," Pruitt said. "He does a nice job of mixing up the run and pass. The one thing everybody overlooks is how physical his teams always are. And they are extremely physical. But he does a nice job of knowing who his playmakers are, and knowing when and how to get them the ball during the course of a game."

Mull that last bold paragraph over . . . . food for thought.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62749 by wlayton
Buc, SOS is no dummy. Imo one of the best coaches in college football.

After shutting out Clemson in the second half, I guess I was a little dillusional about our secondary going into the USC game. SOS recognized the glaring weakness and exploited it.....I'm thankful he didn't throw it 60 times, I would have...

Pruitt has his hands full in that area but I, like you, believe he is a very good DC and will get it done.....just don't feel it will be this year, better as the year goes, but not to the point he will get us to in the future. I'm sure he is targeting MANY quality DB's as we speak for the next couple of recruiting classes.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62750 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic What Does It Take?
Pruitt pretty much admitted that he called a bad game against SC. His game plan in the second half of the Clemson game was perfect and I'm sure we will see more man to man coverage and blitzing from here out. I'm sure I wasn't the only one screaming at the TV on Sat to go into man to man coverage. I think the plan was to see if DT could air it out and beat us and he did just that. It's pretty obvious that our front 7 is going to have to play at another level, they have to bring it and put more pressure on the QB to alleviate some pressure off of our secondary.

wlayton, I think if it wasn't raining then SS would have thrown it a lot of more in the second half and the score could have been really lopsided! I for one was very thankful that it started raining because our D had no answer for the short or deep post and it would have been just a matter of time before DT beat us deep for a big one. SS would have hung 80 on us if he could...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, gillette

More
9 years 7 months ago #62751 by wlayton

sflanagan21 wrote: Pruitt pretty much admitted that he called a bad game against SC. His game plan in the second half of the Clemson game was perfect and I'm sure we will see more man to man coverage and blitzing from here out. I'm sure I wasn't the only one screaming at the TV on Sat to go into man to man coverage. I think the plan was to see if DT could air it out and beat us and he did just that. It's pretty obvious that our front 7 is going to have to play at another level, they have to bring it and put more pressure on the QB to alleviate some pressure off of our secondary.

wlayton, I think if it wasn't raining then SS would have thrown it a lot of more in the second half and the score could have been really lopsided! I for one was very thankful that it started raining because our D had no answer for the short or deep post and it would have been just a matter of time before DT beat us deep for a big one. SS would have hung 80 on us if he could...

Spot om imo....I, too was yelling to go man to man. It certainly wouldn't have been any worse....at least the guys wouldn't have gotten confused. Sandlot ball works sometimes.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds