Forum

Clemson Game 1 Roll Call

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62049 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Clemson Game 1 Roll Call
B.McClendon is not planing own red shirting either RB this is great he also said he wants to give them playing time against clemsup.
Other RB in high-school will be taking notice.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62050 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Clemson Game 1 Roll Call

Dawg With Style wrote: B.McClendon is not planing own red shirting either RB this is great he also said he wants to give them playing time against clemsup.
Other RB in high-school will be taking notice.

don't think you will ever see a RB redshirted at UGA anymore exception would only be an injury.....no more Moreno's

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago #62051 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Roll Call

Dawg With Style wrote: Hey Buc off subject too I seen where Deloach is being predicted to have more sacks than Floyd either way this is great.
DEloach beat out Ray Drew for starting job.

DWS keep coming back to this post.

Has been said in this thread that there will be a lot of in and outs during the game on the defensive side. About damn time. Too many better than average football players have sat on the bench not getting to play and it came down to wasted time in my opinion.

When we have players the caliber of Ray Drew, Ramik Wilson and others having to bear down to get playing time, a lot to be said for the change in Athens. This bet can be made, when a player enters the game, regardless of how some rate them, they will play football. No taking time off because they are "tired". That "stuff" will not fly with Pruitt/Rocker and Company. No doubt there is enough "depth" on the defense to rule out "tired".

Clemson will play "quick football", Pruitt witnessed that when FSU played Clemson. No surprises for Pruitt when it comes to how Clemson will play offensively. Clemson is our first game, glad that we have a defensive coordinator that got "game experience" against them last season. Most teams that don't have a lot of coaching changes tend to have "tendencies". Good football coaches look for those "tendencies".

DWS, many number changes on the defensive side during the game. Have to find out who wants to travel to Columbia two weeks later and play a team that many of the "talking heads" predict to win the East side of the SEC. Yes, we want to win, but winning the SEC East is very important. All games are important, but winning the East is crucial.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 7 months ago #62052 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Roll Call
Buc will say this from what I've read CJP. secondary is fast and not afraid of contact.
To me this is important letting a receiver now you might catch the ball but you will hit.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62053 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Roll Call

Dawg With Style wrote: Hey Buc off subject too I seen where Deloach is being predicted to have more sacks than Floyd either way this is great.
DEloach beat out Ray Drew for starting job.

I took some notice of this too . . . Drew played well last year, so this has me feeling pretty good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago #62054 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Roll Call
Don't hold this against me . . . .

What I see going on in Athens is what I witnessed last season in Tallahassee. I try to keep up with a lot of football teams.

DWS, any player not making good old fashioned tackles is a candidate for the sideline. From what I gather, much of the time in the Spring and the Fall practices were spent on just that, tackling. Not tackling dummies, live stuff. Another reason that some of our players have had some problems, wearing green jerseys. thriller from the time he came to this board has "harped" about the lack of tackling. Got his wish, a coach that teaches fundamentals.

Listen to what Damian Swann has to say about Pruitt . . . . he teaches fundamentals. Difference between Pruitt and grantham. Supposedly every defensive back learns the total package, not a one position player, as has been the case in Athens going back to Willie Martinez and continued until the "new coaches" came to town.

Fully expect Clemson to put some points on the board. Not going to make excuses for us having many players without SEC experience. Young Pups will learn from mistakes, get better as some on this board have mentioned, down the road. We appear to have finally reached the one goal that has been missing . . . . my opinion. We have players and coaches that are on the same page, if not, both will get there through trial and error. Practice scrimmages are one thing, live game time, totally different.

This old bucket of bolts will be watching our offensive line closely. Time has come to make plays, excuses not allowed. Think I like the "published" starting five. Definitely like a couple of freshmen that will see action. Pays dividends down the road.

Getting closer . . . . :) Will definitely watch TAM and USC on Thursday night. Two SEC teams squaring off . . . . Columbia will be rocking. Hoping the game is close enough forcing USC to show their hand. Don't think that TAM's defense will be able to handle USC's offense. Crowd noise will also have a huge effect on the visitors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds