Forum

Clemson Game 1 Roll Call

9 years 8 months ago #62043 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Roll Call
Don't make to much about who is listed as a starter on Tuesday when it is show

Time Shake'n Ray will get PT and make plays like money in the bank.....if he is not

Injured. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #62044 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Roll Call
yd1, hard for me to remember when players the caliber of Drew and others had to "step up". Maybe never.

Coaches the caliber of those that are now in Athens, not sure I have ever seen "coaching talent" like the 2014 model that now resides on the defensive side of the ball.

Much has been said about Pruitt, rightfully so. Rocker will change the way football has been played in the Classic City. If you wear the pads, impossible to come back to the sidelines and make an excuse. That has been missing for years.

Never have I seen this much "depth" on the defensive side of the ball since Mark Richt's arrival. DWS mentions Drew being moved down on the depth chart, that along with Ramik Wilson bears out that change has "finally" happened in Athens. That is not disrespecting the young men, it is pointing to a much needed change in the way UGA plays SEC Football. My opinion.

Hear a lot of chatter about our defensive backs, probably good cause for that. When I look at the front that Pruitt/Rocker and Company will show Clemson and others, have to believe that the opposition will have a hard time getting the "right play" called each and every time.

This is what "sticks" in my head . . . . Pruitt wants defensive backs that will play the football, meaning he wants interceptions. Pruitt will keep the football in front of his defensive backs. Going to give up some plays, but not the same "stuff" that the "other defensive coordinator" did.

Sorry, game time is near, begin to get jacked up, I somehow think that the "turn around" will be to our liking. WE (you and I) finally have found the "replacement(s) for Erk and his way of GATA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, wlayton, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 8 months ago #62045 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Roll Call

yankeedawg1 wrote: Don't make to much about who is listed as a starter on Tuesday when it is show

Time Shake'n Ray will get PT and make plays like money in the bank.....if he is not

Injured. Go Dawgs

True that......I think we have about 15-16 that could be called starters on the D side of the ball....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #62046 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Clemson Game 1 Roll Call
I read where CJP was not happy with Ray and some others said they were taking plays off not giving it there all.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #62047 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clemson Game 1 Roll Call
DWS, the one thing that really sticks out in my mind is Jeremy Pruitt and those that are a part of his defensive group understanding how to communicate with high school coaches.

From where I come from . . . . that is called "Bread and Butter".

Many of these high school coaches know that Pruitt/Rocker and Company can and "will" take these young men to the next level. Not a lot of "bull spit" coming out of our defensive coaches mouths on the recruiting trail.

Have some things to say later on about my time in South Florida. There is more than general interest in Florida about the coaching staff in Athens, and yes, that includes Mark Richt.

Amazing how a coaching change can produce so much for all of us that want "better" than we have had for far too long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 8 months ago #62048 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Clemson Game 1 Roll Call
Dws may be the case with Drew and others. CJP will not put up with any lack of effort

Major change from last year. Once Drew had his mind retooled he is with the program

He will be fine. I am getting the feeling that CJP does not put a whole lot in a depth

Chart. He is not going to carry players on defense who aren't ready to play

He does not have a cookie cutter approach to coaching, no one size fits all

Will not be surprised to see us rotating players in and out more often than we are

Use to seeing.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds