Forum

Clemson Game 1 Roll Call

9 years 8 months ago #62041 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Roll Call
Buc. I doubt very seriously that any of us will ever call out a senior Dawg for miss

Posting a subject in a thread. I steadfastly maintain it all goes in the same bucket

At the end...Georgia football. About to call the shore patrol to start searching

For you... you won the lottery and didn't want anyone to be asking for a loan...

Second the game thread that ogredawg starts and gets us stoked

Russ and his brown ear will.... get respect...time for payback with interest

Can feel it......big noise about to go off.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton, Buc, ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #62042 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Roll Call

Dawg With Style wrote: Hey Buc off subject too I seen where Deloach is being predicted to have more sacks than Floyd either way this is great.
DEloach beat out Ray Drew for starting job.

DWS (Dawg With Style) had thought about another thread, but this fits. Anyone that reads this board knows that I along with some others have been "huge" supporters of Ramik Wilson, still feel the same way.

It really shows that this defensive group of coaches are true to their word. Whether Ramik is second string or whatever, Pruitt/Rocker and Company said . . . . game minutes are based on "practice" minutes.

While it might seem to be something other than it is . . . . Ramik Wilson had some injury problems, there were others that stepped up and did what was asked of them.

This could be long, but will not do that "this time". We have young men that "want to play on Saturdays". Speaking for myself, I like what is going on. Might take another year or two, but what is going on in Athens as I type, DIFFERENT.

I believe that the "leadership" is coming from the "defensive coaches", matters not to me, want to see all of us recognizing that "change" has finally come to the Red and Black. It has been far too long in my opinion for a necessary change to happen. If we get out of the 2014 Season looking like a SEC Football Team that wants to compete, this old fart will be happy.

Never forget this guys, we have a kicking game. If as many on this board have said . . . . Special Teams rise up . . . . who knows? Been around for a couple of years, kicking game in the SEC produces "champions". Fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #62043 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Roll Call
Don't make to much about who is listed as a starter on Tuesday when it is show

Time Shake'n Ray will get PT and make plays like money in the bank.....if he is not

Injured. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 8 months ago #62044 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Roll Call
yd1, hard for me to remember when players the caliber of Drew and others had to "step up". Maybe never.

Coaches the caliber of those that are now in Athens, not sure I have ever seen "coaching talent" like the 2014 model that now resides on the defensive side of the ball.

Much has been said about Pruitt, rightfully so. Rocker will change the way football has been played in the Classic City. If you wear the pads, impossible to come back to the sidelines and make an excuse. That has been missing for years.

Never have I seen this much "depth" on the defensive side of the ball since Mark Richt's arrival. DWS mentions Drew being moved down on the depth chart, that along with Ramik Wilson bears out that change has "finally" happened in Athens. That is not disrespecting the young men, it is pointing to a much needed change in the way UGA plays SEC Football. My opinion.

Hear a lot of chatter about our defensive backs, probably good cause for that. When I look at the front that Pruitt/Rocker and Company will show Clemson and others, have to believe that the opposition will have a hard time getting the "right play" called each and every time.

This is what "sticks" in my head . . . . Pruitt wants defensive backs that will play the football, meaning he wants interceptions. Pruitt will keep the football in front of his defensive backs. Going to give up some plays, but not the same "stuff" that the "other defensive coordinator" did.

Sorry, game time is near, begin to get jacked up, I somehow think that the "turn around" will be to our liking. WE (you and I) finally have found the "replacement(s) for Erk and his way of GATA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, wlayton, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 8 months ago #62045 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Roll Call

yankeedawg1 wrote: Don't make to much about who is listed as a starter on Tuesday when it is show

Time Shake'n Ray will get PT and make plays like money in the bank.....if he is not

Injured. Go Dawgs

True that......I think we have about 15-16 that could be called starters on the D side of the ball....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #62046 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Clemson Game 1 Roll Call
I read where CJP was not happy with Ray and some others said they were taking plays off not giving it there all.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds