Forum

From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF

9 years 8 months ago #61819 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF

stevedawg wrote: Riding with the windows down last night and the cool air moving through the car has thoughts of fall coming to the surface. Georgia mountain foliage, apples, boiled peanuts and college football.There are family, friends and the community around us to be thankful for as we enter the fall season in Georgia. GO Dawgs!

stevedawg, that is the TRUTH. You just captured the entire picture in 3 sentences!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61825 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF
yd1....I sense your enthusiasm through your penmanship. You are correct, time to start really getting excited.

Controlling my expectations until I see those first 2 games.....good indication imo except I will give the DB's a little more time.

All good now....can manage to wait just two more weeks.

Agree that Clemson is a great team to start out the season.

Stocking up on the cools ones for you this year yd1....hopefully we'll have 2/game or more in celebration instead of one as in the past

Great weekends everyone. :)

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61848 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF
Not quite sure where to post this, but I think this might be a good place.

Said in another thread that "sunshine" is preferred. If I don't post this here then I will post it elsewhere.

It is not a secret that I "chirp" a lot. It is however easy enough to change habits. The following I hope makes some sense. I look at many boards and try and stay close to the "hearbeat".

Wartdawg said on this board a long time back . . . . if I was "cut off" or not allowed to give my feelings, would "leave". Have had some of those same feelings, not the first time, but this time it bothered me more.

Questions is . . . . why? This board "needs a lifeline" as soon as the football season is over. Check the "chatter" now as opposed to one or two months ago. "Hits/Clicks" are the "lifeline" of any board or blog.

Say this and then post what I have to say . . . . tks to wlayton, and Wartdawg for asking about "removals".

Steve, have thought about this often.

While we (all of us) are getting closer to what could be a football season that most of us have hoped for, for many years, do not believe it is time to “go back to the past”. Saying that and will try and explain.

I know, as has been discussed between you and I, (for the most part me) that some changes needed to “happen”. You coming from “media” understand what is going on, some things never, ever change . . . . With “time”.

There will always be a “back and forth” on every thread, impossible to get “everyone” on the same “page”.

My disappointment with “your board” at this point is not allowing “conversation”, especially when it comes time to “start a new season”.

You and I know that it takes “back and forth” between those that post to come close to a “successful board”.

I say to you that maybe there are some differences of opinion, but is that not what ‘blogs” are for?

Have to say this . . . . Removing posts without “solid reasoning” somehow “bothers me”. Have been a part of the “press” in my younger days, had all of the “privileges”, and you and I both understand that. Still have “some” that I hold closely. Say this to you . . . . I will respect you and what you are trying to do, I would hope that you look closely and give me the same respect.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61849 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF
Hey Buc. Good to hear from you. As I have said before add anything you wish to any of

The posts I start, it all goes back into the same bucket relating to Georiga football

You have a keen eye for football talent. Word from my campus rooster is Simms is going

To be a beast on the line. Baby steps now but won't be long that everyone will know

What you have shared here. Thoughts worth having need to be shared

Enjoy your bloodies....... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61854 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF
yankeedawg1, thanks.

Good things are happening along the entire offensive front, as most here know.

Greg was totally spot on about Simms being a dedicated young man with I might add "a mean streak". Off the field he is a gentle giant that cares deeply about family. He is now deeply commited to the University of Georgia, not just football, classroom as well, his new addition to what he considers family.

See where Wynn has opened some eyes quickly during practice. Another young offensive lineman that has "a mean streak". Also dedicated to class work. He will not be causing confusion or problems for the professors . . . . had to mention that.

Also see where the media "pay for play" folks are mentioning Wynn at the center position. News alert . . . . this board was the first to project that Wynn would be our center in the near future. Mentioned prior to his signing the paperwork.

Hoping that Theus really picks his game up this season. Hair cut and finally got in shape. Still not sure that he is suited for left tackle, that however will be settled soon. First two games in my estimation. I do believe that he finally has his heart into playing SEC football. Can't ask for much more.

Seriously hope that our coaching staff has "matured" when it comes to offensive line play. Could be Will Friends time to shine. I believe he will do just that.

Number two quarterback slot is going to have a lot of attention by the press. Has already, but soon it will heat up another notch.

It has become obvious to me that we will not be red shirting running backs. From where I sit, totally agree with that. Nothing like watching a healthy Gurley and I hope Marshall run with the football. Think we all know that Gurley was in a lot of pain last season, of course Marshall's injury was aided in my mind by that group in Knoxville. Looking forward to that game, bet Marshall is also.

Stop with this . . . .
Equality is the soul of liberty; there is, in fact, no liberty without it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61855 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF
It is time to focus on the season's work we have ahead of us.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds