Forum

From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF

9 years 8 months ago #61807 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Just 14 days until GDF....

Show of hands please. If Toddy was still in Athens do you think we would have had as much success with our recruiting to date?

Put me down as a no, correction that’s HELL NO !!!!

Interesting stat I came across we get Trent’s letter next NSD that will be the fourth top recruit from the state in the last five years to sign with Georgia.

I have not researched it but I think that that’s as good as anybody has done within the SEC at keeping the top talent in state at home.

True we have let some of the lesser *’s drift away I think with the coaches we have recruiting now it will slow that down

Trent has already made the statement he is going to be working hard to get some of his buds interested in Athens. A very good thing

Again for the record I was a big Toddy fan from the day he walked on campus. It took a long time for the light to come on that he was the problem and not the solution.

I was in denial, that the next game would be the one we turn the corner and start making improvement. I was truly blinded by his NFL glitter which turned out to be as fake as he was. Snake Oil big time…..

Toddy was the DC but what in the hell was the DB coach doing? He had skin in the game. Unless he was collared by Toddy which I think may have been possible because soon after our bowl game he left.

Hind sight makes me think he knew what the story was and the future would not include him being here.

Help me out, trying to think of any recent big time recruits we signed that did not take the drama route on or before NSD that turned out to be a bust

Seems the bigger the show the more likely they are to make an unpleasant departure.

IMO this holds true for other schools also, thinking about Mizzo’s WR

Merritt Hall is IMHO is what makes college football so special

Takes on a thankless position and never complains.

Wants to wear the “G” with pride

Truly sorry that he has to take a medical DQ

He will be missed as a teammate and is a DGD

Clemson is a good first game for us

At home and we can’t look around and think it is a cupcake we are playing.

They want to prove that last year was not a fluke and we sure as hell want to make sure that it was.

This time next week we will be one tiny week before the boys of the south Go Boom!!!

Closer…

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Wartdawg, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61808 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF
Yankeedawg it's a toss up with towel toddy and my xwife with the leaving I'M just glad there both gone.

TT was not a recruiter he thought that the recruits were supposed to ask him if they could come TO GEORGIA?

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61809 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF
I was in as well when old TT came to town. Listened to some hype and swagger, but I didn't do my own homework. To evaluate you need to have some facts in hand, but I had become a lazy fan. I blame it on just being a fan of a team coached by Mark Richt; you know, complacency sets in....

That's another story...

The signs were there.. never any real consistent success in his numerous previous jobs. Just a lot more swagger than substance to back it up.

Pruitt may or may not succeed, but I've done my homework this time. At least the signs here are positive.

Recruits.. I'm jaded. I've seen too many change their mind. I'll jump for joy when I see them officially enroll.........
..and make it through a season without an arrest.

Good words YD.

Pause taken, and thanks given.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61813 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF
lots of good talk coming out of fall practices. If it transfers to the field of play should be a hell of a year.....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61816 by Dawg With Style
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61817 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Just 14 days until GDF
Riding with the windows down last night and the cool air moving through the car has thoughts of fall coming to the surface. Georgia mountain foliage, apples, boiled peanuts and college football.There are family, friends and the community around us to be thankful for as we enter the fall season in Georgia. GO Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds