Forum

Outsiders Agree With Georgia Fans

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61726 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Outsiders Agree With Georgia Fans
Have not always been a big supporter of the Red&Black . . . . the Red&Black media group. Recently they have seemed to get better at football reporting.

Some good information in the link below. This group is "reporting" using their journalism skills, not like some fail to do in the media, season after season.

Watching the offensive line "stuff" as close as I can. If the offensive line works, this football team is going to be a handful. My opinion.

Also have to say this . . . . we have some players that want to play. We have both defensive and offensive coaches that want them to play.

A lot of the media folks have much to say about the defense. Takes "both" sides of the ball to move forward. Both sides of the ball can improve the other sides chances of producing.

One more thing . . . . anyone that has followed this board knows that I have always had high hopes and expectations for Kublanow. Still believe he is going to be an outstanding offensive guard. Running backs are going to love running through the holes that Kublanow will help open. Players on the offensive side of the ball talking "depth", have to be on board with that.

www.redandblack.com/sports/practice-repo...87-001a4bcf6878.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61727 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Outsiders Agree With Georgia Fans
This photo has my curosity aroused. Don't really know what to say other than this . . . . It is very hard to live up to our Fathers, especially when his name is Stan Rome.

I will always believe that Jay Rome was/is very talented. Sometimes it comes down to "want to". I believe that JR thought he was head and shoulders above others commiting to playing football in Athens. Don't jump me, that is what I think I have seen.

Michael Jordan was the best playing basketball. Baseball in Birmingham was not his game.

Talent alone will give fans and the player moments of excitement.

From where I sit, glad that we have the tightend position covered.

Jay, this is from me to you . . . . NFL looks at every piece of "stuff" presented on the internet and elsewhere. Lots of players coming out of college each year that are six feet and inches over 4. Want that money, better strap that jockstrap on a bit tighter and get your head together. NFL has no free lunches. Might be that UGA has taken on that same approach in college athletics. Much has and is changing in the Classic City as DAWGtm mentioned. From where I sit, past time.
Attachments:

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61728 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Outsiders Agree With Georgia Fans
believe that photo is a form of conditioning. Works the shoulders and upper body without putting too much strain on the legs and feet. Has been no question that JR has some conditioning issues and was in fact in a wheel chair for a few months after his surgery. We have some good players at TE but no real back up other than QH who knows the system. The foot is a real tough to heal quickly especially when you are carrying 250+ pounds. Jay will be fine Buc may take a few games to get back into shape and get the rust out...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
9 years 8 months ago #61740 by fire_dawg
Replied by fire_dawg on topic Outsiders Agree With Georgia Fans
Thinking back on all the talent weve had between the hedges the last few years and how we have under performed on defense makes me want to throat punch grantham!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
9 years 8 months ago #61795 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Outsiders Agree With Georgia Fans

thriller wrote: wlayton . . . very concerned early on . . . INDEED, sir!

BTW - I hate to ask this, as this will show how disconnected I became after the Vanderbilt game last year . . . is Pruitt going to run the 3-4, or is he switching us back to the 4-3? Please say 4-3.

Thriller.. those terms 3-4, 4-3 are almost obsolete. The thing now is hybrid defenses. People give you a 3-4 look
but have the players assigned roles be more like a 4-3. We have linebackers lining up as a standup lineman, we have linemen dropping into coverage like a linebacker.

Archaic terms for a lot of teams these days. Only a few of those big slow boys in the midwest are still adhering to
strict definitions of what their D does based on an alignment.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61820 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Outsiders Agree With Georgia Fans
Hello & happy Friday to all my fellow Dawg Fans!

Like most in here stated upon his hiring, it's SHOW ME time, not TELL ME time for CJP & our beleaguered Dawgs Defense.

That said, I am not expecting a top 5 or even a top 25 defense in year 1 (especially w/so much youth in our Secondary) BUT barring a slew of injuries on D, my bare MINIMUM expectation is for UGA to field a top 50 D which would likely mean reducing scoring from almost 29 points per game to around 24 points per game.

Obviously, only 5 less points per game doesn't sound like much this could quite possibly equate to 2 or 3 more wins on days when opposing D's hold our O under 30 points.

Let me throw one last stat out at yall with the caveat of "I get it, we lost Murray, our Offense will likely take a step back"...still, looking at last year's offensive scoring, our lowest 5 outputs of the year were:

19 vs. Nebraska
23 vs. Florida (obviously a WIN)
26 vs. Missouri
27 vs. Vandy
34 vs. Tennessee (a costly WIN)

Our offense put up 35 & 38 points respectively in our other 2 losses vs Clemson & Auburn which SHOULD be more than enough to win a game with the level of athletes we annually field on our D!

I REALLY like our chances of winning the vast majority of games IF our D can keep the opposition in the low 20s vs the low 30s...GO DAWGS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds