Forum

Quarterback Coaching Questions?

9 years 9 months ago #61232 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?
Great comment by HM about getting into a routine. Happens to everyone. Glad to see he wants to improve. Recognizes that in improving may have to do things differently than in past. Nothing wrong with that. If there is better way why not check it out?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61235 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?
TN Dawg thinking about AM and Hutson Mason, believe they are doing what the head coach coined . . . . "Finish the Drill". Going to the camps fall right in line with that.

Have to be honest about quarterback coaching in college. It is not only Georgia quarterbacks that attend these camps, the highest rated players from colleges around the country attend also. Like yd1 said, what do these young men have to lose by attending camps of this quality.

If I am the leader of the football program at any college, not going to put my lips out, going to discuss with the young men what they learned while studying under folks like Manning and Whitfield. I would label that as coaches "Finishing the Drill". It is a team game, both coaches and players. Just my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61236 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?
With you on that, Buc. My post was questioning why a coach would get his nose out of joint if a QB goes to camp and brings back some new tools for the toolbox. Guess pride gets in the way.

Especially that caliber.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61238 by Buc

TN Dawg wrote: With you on that, Buc. My post was questioning why a coach would get his nose out of joint if a QB goes to camp and brings back some new tools for the toolbox. Guess pride gets in the way.

Especially that caliber.

TN Dawg seem to remember a comment from Hutson Mason getting with Mike Bobo's father for some quarterback instruction. Hutson said that helped him also. Brother, never yet have I met one person in my lifetime that knew everything.

There is so much job insecruity these days in the coaching ranks, those pulling in the "green stuff" seem to guard their positions with vigor.

Not a doubt in my mind that Hutson Mason and AM have had conversations since AM left for the NFL. Hutson has mentioned that if my recall is correct.

If Hutson going to the Manning Camp, also chatting with Mike Bobo's Father produces an extra touchdown or an extra win, from where I sit, it was time well spent. AM knew how to read defenses much better after attending the camps. Said a while back that he knew more about making the safety, linebacker or defensive back tip their hand. That in my opinion was one of the reasons that AM set so many records in America's Conference . . . . the SEC. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61239 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?
I just hope Mason and Mitchell can get own the same page MM is ready to go out a winner.

Mason has room to get better I like he made the choice to do so.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61240 by Buc

Dawg With Style wrote: I just hope Mason and Mitchell can get own the same page MM is ready to go out a winner.

Mason has room to get better I like he made the choice to do so.

Dawg With Style, no doubt that Mitchell is an exceptional athlete. We have an incoming freshman that reminds me so much of Malcolm . . . . Terry Godwin.

Both of these young men can play on both sides of the ball. Beginning to believe that Godwin will line up and play offense. Only thing wrong with that picture . . . . Pruitt was responsible for Terry Godwin signing on with us.

So much talent in Athens, here is hoping that as I have said before . . . . hope our head coach leaves the coaching to the coaches.

Must say this . . . . AM, Mason, both went to other camps and coaches for instruction. Our offensive coordinator played QB for us. Our head coach played for Miami and had a short stay in Denver. Still our quarterbacks look for "more" outside of Athens. That actually is not a shot at Bobo and Richt, it is just calling it like "I" see it.

Cannot see too many players coming our way that will play on the defense if not totally commited to that side of the ball. Certainly I can be wrong, but feel I have a good "picture" of our defensive coordinator and how he will coach.

Back to the offense. This group that will play in 2014 have enormous talent. Again my biggest concern is the offensive line. Know that some others on this board share the same thoughts about the offensive line.

Still trying not to say too much about Faton Bauta. Who knows, maybe he will attend the Manning Camp and try to get with George Whitaker. Folks in South Florida believe he has "all the tools". Don't get me wrong folks, I hope Hutson Mason has an incredible year. If he does, Georgia could very well reach the "final four".

Have to say this . . . . Nick Marshall in trouble. Gus Malzahn will "handle" this . . . . right?

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds