Forum

Quarterback Coaching Questions?

9 years 9 months ago #61224 by Buc
Quarterback Coaching Questions? was created by Buc
Start this thread for one reason. Time has come for the Manning Camp for quarterbacks again.

Looking over the "long list" of young men in attendance, encourages me to read the entire article and ask "myself" certain questions.

If you folks read the article below, does it make you wonder about coaching in college, as opposed to coaching at the Manning Camp?

Paying attention to what our quarterback, Hutson Mason had to say in the article, brings me back to AM and what he said after attending "several" quarterbacking camps.

I also recall after AM returned from the camp in Oklahoma, our coaches, including Mark Richt were not too pleased. They Richt/Bobo were pretty much closed mouth about AM looking outside Athens for improvement.

Brothers, there is a reason that these young men go to places and receive coaching from another level, it is just that, another level.

Reminds me of what I "think" I see going on with our defensive players. Finally (I hope) we have someone that will step up and coach in the same manner that Erk did.

Coaching has to be looked at closely, year after year. Do not want to see any more failure in Athens with the amount of talent that is on campus now and has always been there.

Time of the year when "high hopes" rise to the surface. I hope to see us reach the "final four" in 2014. Might be the reason that Hutson Mason is attending the Manning Camp. Just a thought.

espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/85135/sec...time-at-manning-camp
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, ogredawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61225 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?
I also remember when AM came back from the camp in Okla that CMR and CMB noses were bent

AM wanted to get better period he never crossed his local coaches but he was a sponge when

It comes to learning. In life never hurts to get a second opinion. He was looking

To have a fresh set of eyes who knew football. Good players in any sport are looking

For a edge over the competition that is legal. Fact....

Think our coaches have learned hopefully...why would any QB not want to be coached

By someone named Manning? Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61227 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?
Best move HM can make at this stage. Never faulted the CMR/CMB connection for their ability to develop a QB.......but this is MANNING.....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 9 months ago #61228 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?
IMHO playing QB is not a exact science. There are many different styles in the NFL so if you have the opertunity to learn from proven NFL QB's why wouldn't you. Now if someone gets upset over it than that is their pride talking. Maybe they should ask the Manning's if they could come to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 9 months ago #61229 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?
Former pro QB + 2 pro QB's (with Superbowl rings) vs 2 college coaches .....
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 9 months ago #61230 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?

DAWGtm wrote: IMHO playing QB is not a exact science. There are many different styles in the NFL so if you have the opertunity to learn from proven NFL QB's why wouldn't you. Now if someone gets upset over it than that is their pride talking. Maybe they should ask the Manning's if they could come to.

Had a thought similar to the one you posted above DAWGtm.

Many of us have heard folks say this . . . . While I might be in a higher position than some, never hurts, only helps to surround one's self with people able to further the cause.

Believe that AM proved that point. After going to the Manning Camp, he then went to Oklahoma rather than party during Spring Break.

After leaving the camp run by George Whitfield . . . . "It was a great week," said Murray. "I've really learned a lot."

Going to the Manning Camp can and will make Hutson Mason a better quarterback. I believe that.

ogredawg, hope all is well with you. :)

www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer...-qb-guru-in-oklahoma
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds