Forum

From Athens= Friday # 19

10 years 2 days ago #60175 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens= Friday # 19
Spot on from where I sit wlayton.

Will be later on in the year when we face off with Auburn, hoping that "both sides" of the ball are well.

More and more the Pruitt way of coaching makes a lot of sense. Much like the G Day Game, Pruitt truly was not concerned with the score, he understands that he has a lot to do and a short time to get it accomplished. Young Coach Pruitt has a lot on his plate.

One of the reasons that I am looking down the line at Auburn and not saying a lot about the opener, appears to me that Pruitt wants to put Malzahn on notice that he grew up under the Alabama colors, not AU's. Lot of hate in the State of Alabama. What better defensive coordinator to have than Pruitt at this point. He has already faced off with Malzahn for the big prize.

Depth that deep into the season will decide wins and losses. wlayton, like the "game plan" that I think I see Pruitt installing. It is a game of four quarters, we have not been real good at that against top competition in recent years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 days ago #60177 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens= Friday # 19
Buc it is sure is different and refreshing that we have a DC who is working on a scheme

That makes sense. I don't think we will be disappointed with the effort of our D

Interesting that the to AL schools have different issues this year

Guz needs to prove he is not a one trick cowboy like Cheesestick and can Nick

Find his mojo again. All of SEC has thingies to overcome

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 days ago #60178 by Buc
yankeedawg1, for damn sure the SEC is one tough conference.

Another reason that urban meyer left. Totally wrecked the gaytor program. FACT.

We will see as you say, is Gus Malzahn a one trick pony? urban meyer got away with it. More than Alabama gunning for Auburn in 2014.

Gus was smart enough to break bread with Garner in Athens. Another reason that Gus wants to continue the UGA/AU game, means a lot to his recruiting.

Maybe those in power in the Classic City will look past their nose. Change is not a bad thing. Amazing how much Jeremy Pruitt's hire has done for our program. Just saying, again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
10 years 2 days ago #60179 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens= Friday # 19
The one thing with Pruitt that had impressed me the most was when he told his players at the start of spring they could stay at the position there at or try another.

That has to be great news for would be recruits.
L.Carter made his stars at LB but wants to try DE pretty sure Pruitt told him he could try Safety.

Remember M.M.got his stars as a DB had Only his Senior year as DB and WR we all see how that turned out.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 days ago #60180 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens= Friday # 19
Just picked off BR were Kendall Baker who played DL in HS in Atl will be switching

To the OL come June when he arrives in Athens he has been working out with former 49r

Steve Wallace and will continue doing so until fall camp opens. Wallace's son and Kendall

Are best buds. I slept right trough this news. Think several here have posted that

CJP and CFW. Looking at recruiting same type bodies. Hurry Up. "O" is both sides of the

Line. Kids has the right mindset we will see how fast he learns. One thing has no bad

Habits to break. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 days ago #60181 by Buc

Dawg With Style wrote: The one thing with Pruitt that had impressed me the most was when he told his players at the start of spring they could stay at the position there at or try another.

That has to be great news for would be recruits.
L.Carter made his stars at LB but wants to try DE pretty sure Pruitt told him he could try Safety.

Remember M.M.got his stars as a DB had Only his Senior year as DB and WR we all see how that turned out.

Good post DWS.

Pruitt is smart enough to say to these young 18/19/20 year olds, tell me where you think you are best suited. After that, it is a coaching decision. Pruitt is doing something that has been missing since Erk left. He is building a rapport with the players.

Not a doubt in my mind that Pruitt will build a solid defense in Athens. Folks above him need to stay at an arms length and let Jeremy do his "thing". Pruitt talks the same language that these young folks still in high school do.

Allow me this . . . . Richt is good with Moms, Dads and family. Pruitt is all about the young men that will put the pads on. That is not a statement against older folks, it is simply what has been "missing in Athens".

Pruitt has a three year contract, would love to see Tracy Rocker with the same. Rocker can line up against Garner and recruit. I said that.

Mark Richt, just leave "some things" alone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds