Forum

From Athens= Friday # 19

10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #60146 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens= Friday # 19

TN Dawg wrote: Don't think Clemson poses as big of problem as last year without Boyd and Watkins. Plus it is at our house this year. However, we are without AM. HM gets to show stuff right off the bat. If D is getting lean and mean, then I agree we have enough weapons to win by at least 14.

SC is different story. They lose Shaw so QB should be equal. Davis is quality back so RB will be equal. Advantage to oru WR core. You know their D will be good. Hate to think that game hinges on our OL. Think we will win and this one is always close ( except for 35-7 massacre in '12).

Just like last year, hoping for 2-0 start. not so sure we won't be 1-1 and would rather take win against SEC team.

YD1 you and Georgia enjoy wonderful weather.

One thing that I believe works in our favor in the first game and maybe the second one also is the fact that Pruitt and Bobo seem to have come together as coaches. That was noticably missing with Bobo and grantham, throughout the entire time they were coaches for UGA.

I refer to that as "team work".
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 days ago #60147 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens= Friday # 19
Champ will catch on with the treats real fast we scoreyell touchdown Georgia

Trust me Georgia doesn't wait for me she hears the magic words onthe tv she is of an doing

Laps waiting for her reward

Stay well Mayor. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 days ago #60148 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens= Friday # 19
Buc hit the nail once again dead on the head

Team Work. Bottom line sports or the work place winner

Nice article in the ABH about Pyke. Didn't pick up on how big a man he is

We may not have a banner name in the. OL.

We will gel and team work will surprise many. Hear me now listen to me later

Don't give up on CWF and his boys. My local says this group is learning. Nasty

Let you guess who is the the lead dog on this project

Go Dawg

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 days ago #60149 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens= Friday # 19
Friend and Pruitt are looking for the same type players could see some DL being trained for both sides.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #60150 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens= Friday # 19

Dawg With Style wrote: Friend and Pruitt are looking for the same type players could see some DL being trained for both sides.

DWS, said this a while back, see now that it is being said more and more in the media. We have a couple of quality offensive linemen coming for fall camp. Not saying others aren't, do know that two of them are coming to Athens to play, not sit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #60151 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic From Athens= Friday # 19
Don't give up on CWF and his boys. My local says this group is learning. Nasty

Not giving up, would like to see someone like Ben Jones in that group. He was nasty. Really intrigued by this comment in the article about Pyke that YD1 mentioned.

“I think we’re going to be very good up front,” Richt said. “We won’t be this dominating bunch of maulers, but they’re very well-coached, they know what they’re doing, they get their hat in the right spot, they run their feet on contact. They’ve got a little meanness and toughness about them. If you do that, you’re going to create some space for these great backs and create some time for the quarterback to throw it. I think we’re going to be in good shape.”

Leads me to ask the question, WHY can't we have a dominating bunch of maulers. Does he even know how to evaluate them as such? I do like to hear about the depth of the squad. No OL in this league can go season without depth.

Also sounds like a fun weekend in Athens with the music festival and twilight criterium. ROADTRIP!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds