Forum

UGA Football Discussion?

10 years 2 weeks ago #59903 by Buc
UGA Football Discussion? was created by Buc
Saturday we will watch the talent that we have in the Classic City.

Not that we will see a lot, but we will see young men using their pads for something other than dressing out.

Have read volumes about we will or won’t know more about the final starters. That excites me.

Up until this season (2014) I believe that we have known who our starters would be after the Spring Game. Barring injuries.

I do not have that feeling at this point. Why? We have a summer to get through before Fall practice starts. I am sold on believing in Pruitt and his way of coaching. For me, it has been a long time coming. I have tried my best to try and get involved with the Athens way of doing things over the past few years. It simply does not work.

Have not heard it said here or elsewhere, so will give this particular area a shot.

I believe that the four (4) players that chose a certain path would have criminal charges against them had they not been on the Athens campus. All of us want the best football team that we can dress out when the season starts. One question has to be asked . . . . You and I don’t put those pads on, or play between the Hedges. Why should I want the four of them to “cop a lesser charge”?

So, doing as I do, notice that the young men are fully engaged in Spring practice, and nothing has been said about whether or not the four (4) serve more than a game suspension.

Takes me to this . . . . There is a reason that Pruitt and those that coach on the defensive side of the ball are cross training. Meaning moving folks around to play different positions. While that is not unusual, it somehow points me in another direction.

Jeremy Pruitt is not going to be caught with his pants down. Something like “red panties in Atlanta” by Evans. Sorry, that is the truth.

Had some email in the past few days about the quarterback battle, backup quarterback. Allow me to set my feelings straight. I want the best player in the best position when we line up to play in the SEC. I would remind some of this . . . . I have seen preferential treatment under the current head coach, not only on the offensive side, on the defensive side also. I believe that the defensive side of the ball is far better off than the offense. The defensive side is loaded with talent from top to bottom. Not so on the other side of the ball.

Let us go there.

Jeremy Pruitt comes to town and what does he do? Does he position his players the same way that grantham did? Is that not a fair question?

What I know is this . . . . We have not changed our offensive alignments in ages. There is not a team in the SEC that has to guess where we will line up. That has not changed in 14 years. I say 14 because this will be Richt’s 14th year, 13 are on the books.

Somone explain to me why Richt is so excited about a new Defensive Coordinator? What about his previously appointed Defensive Coordinator?

This could go on forever. This is what I know. It is the time of year when hope shows its face again. Not against that, just have a problem with this . . . . Hope some here are ready for this. One side gets better, the other side remains the same.

This team is loaded with talent except for the offensive line. I will put this post in the “vault”. If there are any responses, will do the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59904 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic UGA Football Discussion?
Good Post Buc. Truth to be found on every line

I see our OL gelling by fall great no good and getting better with each game

While quality depth is built. CWF is one of the Alabama Gang and you were not mistaken on

His coaching skills

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59907 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic UGA Football Discussion?
With richt, I see this as being basically, wash, rinse, repeat. Yes we have a better DC, but go back and read the posts from last spring, or the spring before that, or......

Spoiler alert, it's almost word for word the same as this spring. The hope is in the air, but as long as richt is at the top, well....

I've said it before, if the national championship were awarded in the spring, we would have the most by now. But there's that pesky whole playing the season thingy.

As always, I hope I'm wrong, but, I think I've posted that for several years now as well...

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59908 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic UGA Football Discussion?
Should of changed OC's also.

thecountrynation.com

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59909 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic UGA Football Discussion?

ogredawg wrote: Should of changed OC's also.

Should have been a clean sweep of the "C"s....DC, OC, HC.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59911 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic UGA Football Discussion?
Kimberley, you and I agree, for sure. Some of this was what I was referring to in the first post.

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football...ges-his-depth-chart/

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds